ATH m40x or Sennehiser 380 hd Pro
Dec 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Bozerol

New Head-Fier
Hello,
My name is Lorenzo, I'm Italian and I'm passionated in music but my effective knowledge in headphones and stereo systems is very little.
I've decided to throw away all my low quality music and turn to better quality standard but I found myself confronted with the need to have headphones to render justice to the music. My budget is about 120$ so I started from almost zero a research to discover which could be the best choice for the money. I figured that the most reliable choices would be or the Audiotechnica M40x or the Sennehiser 380 hd pro.
I wish for some advices, thanks in advance...

P.S. i found a pair of old Koss Pro 4AAA bought lots of years ago from my father, is it possible to find a pair of earpads in good condition?

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 8
Hello,
My name is Lorenzo, I'm Italian and I'm passionated in music but my effective knowledge in headphones and stereo systems is very little.
I've decided to throw away all my low quality music and turn to better quality standard but I found myself confronted with the need to have headphones to render justice to the music. My budget is about 120$ so I started from almost zero a research to discover which could be the best choice for the money. I figured that the most reliable choices would be or the Audiotechnica M40x or the Sennehiser 380 hd pro.
I wish for some advices, thanks in advance...

P.S. i found a pair of old Koss Pro 4AAA bought lots of years ago from my father, is it possible to find a pair of earpads in good condition?

What kind of sound are you looking for?
What headphones have you tried and liked?

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 8
What kind of sound are you looking for?
What headphones have you tried and liked?

As I said I'm not experienced so I don't know exactly and if you could give me some help I would be really pleased!
I just owned a pair of cheap Philips and I tried my friend's Beats Studio Wireless and I can't deny tha the sound is impressive but is not what I am looking for also for the price!

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 8
  As I said I'm not experienced so I don't know exactly and if you could give me some help I would be really pleased!
I just owned a pair of cheap Philips and I tried my friend's Beats Studio Wireless and I can't deny tha the sound is impressive but is not what I am looking for also for the price!

Are you looking for something similar to the sound of the beats studio wireless? If so, is there anything you don't like about it?

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 8
I will leave the headphone are to others as I don't have much experience in that price range I will say I am a big fan of Sennheiser. Check with Koss about replacement ear pads

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #8 of 8

The takstar pro 80 and donscorpio dolphin might be what you're looking for if you want some bass emphasis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back