ath-m30 vs eh150
Jan 3, 2008 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tarang

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently purchased eh150. Even after burning them, i feel that bass is somewhat bloated/extended. I am thinking of returning them and buying ath-m30 (need closed headphones below $50). I would like to know:
1) Sound quality of ath-m30 compared to eh150
2) Can i drive ath-m30 with thinkpad (dont have amp); eh150 has no problem there.

Thanks.

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 3
For a <$50 set of cans, I've been quite happy with the ATH-M30s. I also had those Sennheisers and I passed them off to the wife for a set of cheap work headphones as they were going to be no use to me after hearing the M30s.

They aren't phones I would scream from the mountaintops about but they have served me very well. I'm betting they'll be used only when I need the full-sized closed can sound once my hd580s get here but they have been a good $50. Well built, nice cable/termination....makes the Senns look/sound/feel cheap.

Regarding the amp - certainly not needed. An amp will rarely hurt but these are very efficient and an amp isn't required.

Jan 4, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 3
On other hand, i am thinking that my situation does not necessarily need closed phones. I started looking open phones below $50 and quite impressed with px100 reviews. Based on only sound quality; which one should i buy? px100 or ath-m30? I mainly listen indian classical music which is not bass heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back