ath im70 vs ...
Apr 21, 2015 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wildreef

New Head-Fier
so I've had the Audio Technicas for a while now and they're great I like the amount of bass and all that but they can sound just a bit congested in maybe it lacking a touch of detail in the mid range sometimes sounding a bit muffled so I'm looking for something new I'd like to stay around the 100 to $150 price range I was looking at the RHA ma 750 they look nice and have decent reviews but I can't take super harsh highs I'm not sure if this is a good option I've had the Klipsch s4 but who didn't and I like them but I did think they were a touch bright also I do listen to a wide range of music heavy metal dubstep jazz classical classic rock hard rock some hip hop not much death metal and whatever other random nonsense I feel like this week any help would be awesome thank you

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 4
The RHA's for me are more suited to classical. They lack the very low rumble in the bass (bass is definitely there but is not the main focus, impact is present).Opting instead for a more open distant soundstage. It's very detailed and the highs are never too harsh. The vocals are very very good. 

Fair warning, the first week or so they sound like crap, no bass, very harsh treble. But that all stops as they burn in.

Very happy with mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back