ATH-IM02 not for me. What else <300$ ?
Nov 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nuke142

Head-Fier
Hello.
I am go now to sell my Audio-Technica ATH-IM02 - too much mids for me. I can't listen piano and  Lana Del Rey voice - all this sounds pressure on my ears, want to take off IEMs from my head.
I want try to buy ATH-IM03.
I've read reviews that they are U-sign and bad on high (on FiiO X3)
Other people talking about they are much good after too much mids of ATH-IM02.
Any suggestions for my FiiO X1 ?
Thank you.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 5
that depends on the headphone :) I used to use iems in the early days, that caused me lots of ear fatigue, wax building issues. anyway, still there are plenty of very comfortable full sized portable headphones out there which might be more healthy for your ears in the long run than iems.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 5
i did the same thing half a month ago because of its way too large housing for my ear and bought the dba02 mk2 after that. so far i'm very satisfied. i listen through dx90 though but it should be a good match for fiio x1, since the dba02 has a pretty aggressive treble. dba02 on dx90 maybe too bright and thin for most but fiio x1 might be able to even it out.

it's mid is recessed compared to the im02, the treble brighter and has more energy. dba02 has little bit better saperation perhaps because it sounds thinner, other aspects are comparable. another thing is that it has a much smaller nozzle that can fit in popular tips like shure monster or westone to achieve better isolation unlike the im02. the price is more affordable, too.

but i hope you can find it in your local dealer, it's kinda rare here in where i live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back