ATH-HPP5 Case - New shoe smell?
Mar 7, 2009 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Squirsier

500+ Head-Fier
I just bought an HPP5 case to put my ES7 and iPod Touch in it while traveling. While the case is perfect for my needs, very sturdy, it came with a feature I am not too hot about - new shoe smell, inside.
eek.gif

I don't really want my headphones to start smelling like this. Any tips on what I could use to remove that smell?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 3
New products often have strange smells initially that go away with time. I bought a leather case for my touch that smelt awful initially but now it's fine.

How much did you pay for the HPP5? I'm considering the ES7s and that case looks excellent.

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromthelane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New products often have strange smells initially that go away with time. I bought a leather case for my touch that smelt awful initially but now it's fine.

How much did you pay for the HPP5? I'm considering the ES7s and that case looks excellent.

I started thinking of putting a small opened box of baking soda in it... hmmm

I bought the HPP5 from AudioCubes and I paid $39 for it, but if you're willing to eBay you can get these for around $30. It is quite excellent, will also fit perfect in my "nerd" backpack (gf named it that way
biggrin.gif
) that also has my laptop and other portable traveling gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back