ATH-ESW9's. I give up :(
Feb 28, 2010 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

raelamb

100+ Head-Fier
First let me start out by saying I love the sound signature of these phones. I find the mildly recessed highs actually help tame the slight digital razz of ALACS and the bottom, while somewhat rolled off, still sounds engaging. Tonight however, I snapped my third pair and I am frankly now getting annoyed. This is ridiculous. My RS-1's look like they were put together by a 4th grader and yet have not broken once.( knock wood )

I have just ordered the ES10's from Audio Cubes. The larger driver and the increased bass response described here by the few that have heard them sound very tempting and I'm hoping they do not have the same design flaw present in the ESW9's and I'm assuming in the ESW10JPN's.

Can anybody confirm?

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 6
3 pairs of broken ESW9s? That must be expensive if warranty didn't cover them.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #4 of 6
Can you describe how these things are breaking? I had heard some murmurs of a joint at the connection of the earcups and the band snapping at times but to go through three pairs is ridiculous? Are you wearing them indoors or out?

Makes me a little nervous considering I have a pair of ESW10JPN's on the way.

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Yes I do wear them outside but breakage has always come inside. Taking them off the head swiftly but carefully has been my downfall. Way too fragile at the nexus of band and earcup. Hopefully AT has rectified this design flaw wirh the ES10's.

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 6
Where have you been grasping the headphone when you put it on/take it off? The headband or the driver units? I've made it a point to always hold the headband to alleviate pressure and have never had a breaking issue with either my ESW9 or 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back