ATH- ESW9A VS HD 25 1-ii VS HFI-780 VS D1100
May 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

maymur8

Head-Fier
Hey guys I'm a bit confused between these 4 cans

I listen primarily to hip hop and rap and will use these unamped, and on the move.
These are the qualities to my understanding...

ATH-ESW9 - Very Warm, musical sounding headphones... BUT fragile + thin wires and may not be best for portability...

HD 25 - Accurate, analytic, not very fast though and lacks a bit in bass.... So not that great for hip hop or rap.... BUT indestructible design...

HFi-780 - Great in everything, EXCEPT treble is not balanced at all....

D1100 - Amazing bass, but causes the midrange to suffer and is not very durable...

Any advice on these would be helpful...

May 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi maymur,

I only have experience with the HD25 and ATH-ESW9A.  I can confirm that ATH-ESW9A are probably not durable enough to be hoisted around on a daily basis as the wooden cups will scratch and the wires are thin.  The HD25 would be far better suited for that purpose.  Personally, I was not impressed by the HD25 sound but YMMV.  Some people rave about them.

What exactly is your price range and specific needs?

Matt

May 8, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 3
My price range is up to $260, and I'm looking for portability in terms of folding up, (I'm used to full-size headphones), Nice bass (bit of a basshead), and something that will last for 5 years or more...
I primarily listen to rap/ hip hop and basically want somethin to match those needs...
I used to have the Phiaton MS400's (loved them) but the thin wires finally snapped, and so here I am...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back