ATH-ES7
Dec 8, 2009 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ruch182

New Head-Fier
What are these headphones like for transporting / wearing in public? My budget is roughly around £90, and I need a good quality headphone that has very good bass (I listen to a lot of dub step / drum n bass, as well as rock / indie - esque music. They also need to be able to be worn in public without looking ridiculous, mainly for use on public transport, but also whilst walking on the street. I've never really been a fan of in ear headphones, so cans are a must, as well as them being supra-aural so they aren't too big as a result.

Do the ATH-ES7s fit the bill? If not can anyone make some other recommendations?

Dec 8, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 2
i have a pair of ES7s and they are really great. Particularly after a month or two of use they really warm into a nice bassy kick, dynamic highs and smooth mids.

i paid $150AU for them and i am really satisfied. However, they do suffer in windy conditions and dont have the best noise isolation. If you are going to be using them on a lot of public transport then i would suggest canalphones.

You may also have problems with the fit as they sit on the ear as opposed to around it...however, this will obviously depend on the shape of your ears.

i would suggest going somewhere to try a pair if you can.

but from a sound point of view they really are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back