ath-es7 vs shure srh840?
Jul 28, 2009 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

burnhamd

New Head-Fier
Im looking for a good candidate for my dorm room. I've always liked the looks of the es7 and have heard good things about them. I know the shures are much more expensive but I was just wondering which was more comfortable and how much different the sound quality is. I have an amplifier and listen to wide variety of music. Any opinions?

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by burnhamd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im looking for a good candidate for my dorm room. I've always liked the looks of the es7 and have heard good things about them. I know the shures are much more expensive but I was just wondering which was more comfortable and how much different the sound quality is. I have an amplifier and listen to wide variety of music. Any opinions?

The two headphones shouldn't really be compared because they're meant for different purposes... Es7 is meant as a portable while 840 isn't, not to mention that they're in completely different price ranges. I believe srh240s are better basis for comparison with es7's, but hardly anyone knows much about them so you might wanna wait for more reviews on those. Then again, knowing shures track record on their lower tier models, it probably ain't that good...

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The two headphones shouldn't really be compared because they're meant for different purposes... Es7 is meant as a portable while 840 isn't, not to mention that they're in completely different price ranges. I believe srh240s are better basis for comparison with es7's, but hardly anyone knows much about them so you might wanna wait for more reviews on those. Then again, knowing shures track record on their lower tier models, it probably ain't that good...

The 840 can be portable and will be much more widely used for such once a straight cable is available.

For impressions and comparisons, check out Quinto's impression thread, Skylab is also in the middle of adding more and more comparisons to that thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/srh...ession-433356/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back