ATH-ES7 VS ATH-SQ5
Oct 30, 2008 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Daviiiis

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm new here but I've been reading the forums for a few days now. And I was wondering which headphones I should buy.

First of all, i'm a college student so money is hard to come back (Damn books costing too much ToT). I like to a bit of techno, pop, R&B, kpop and jpop and what not like Dragonforce, Usher, BoA, Se7en. I heard that the ES7 was good all around but was looking at the SQ5 due to the squareness
ph34r.gif

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be fanastic. I'll be wearing them on and off campus xD

PS - a place to order them online would be great. I live in the Greater Boston area or Worcester o.o so yea. Thanks!

Nov 2, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 5
Using the search function would be a good idea. I'm pretty sure i came across in depth threads that compare the es7 to the sq5 when i was shopping for some headphones.

And btw i got the es7s
smily_headphones1.gif
Good tight bass, fun souding mids plus they look awesome. IMO they look better/classier than the sq5s which tend to look quite plasticky as the es7s have a sleek mirror finish, but thats just my opinion. I can't comment on the sound quality of the sq5 because i've never heard it before. Hope this helps

Nov 4, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #5 of 5
I have both and if I had to chose one I'd go for the ES7's.

The sound quality is distinctly a bit better.. and the mids aren't recessed as they are on the SQ5's.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back