ATH ES7 --- Senn HD25 II
Oct 2, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are these two models even comparable? The HD25's are much more expensive.

I think " HD25-1 II > ATH-ES7 ".

If you inquire about Rock, HD-25 is good.
I think that the value differential in Japan (ES7 x2=HD-25) it is not extent.
And I have ES7.
smile.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #4 of 11
The Senns are on a different level. The ES7's sound very much like you may expect a closed headphone to sound - resonant bass, overall slightly boomy and congested. The HD25's do not. The ES7's are also much less comfortable and way too easy to scratch. The HD25's are built (and styled) like a tank.

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Senns are on a different level. The ES7's sound very much like you may expect a closed headphone to sound - resonant bass, overall slightly boomy and congested. The HD25's do not. The ES7's are also much less comfortable and way too easy to scratch. The HD25's are built (and styled) like a tank.

It recalled it.
Lateral pressure of ES7 is strong. ESW9 is improved.

Oct 2, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 11
ES7 has more forward vocals, brighter treble and boomier bass. The HD 25-1 II is a little dark but more balanced, with less emphasized midrange but good bass.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They really are built like a tank. The styling.... well, when I saw them in photos I had a hard time convincing myself I could live with such a subbdued, almost bland, pair of headphones, especially in this day and age of stylish electronics. When I finally got mine I was pleasantly suprised. They have a minimalist style to them, so they aren´t altogether without style. Subdued, rugged, battle ready, professional, sharp.... and built like a tank.
atsmile.gif

A friend described them this way: Say most shiny, slick headphones are Ironman, then these are Batman. A silly comparison, but I thought it was amusing.

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #8 of 11
Would you consider the HD25s to be portable? I'm looking for something closed and smaller than my Gradio SR80s. Are the HD25s considerably smaller than the Grados?

Thanks...

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChgoMike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you consider the HD25s to be portable? I'm looking for something closed and smaller than my Gradio SR80s. Are the HD25s considerably smaller than the Grados?

Thanks...

Good question. Also I see a couple of people have the HD25's. Are they uncomfortable? Since they are tough and heavier I've read they have a tight fit and hurt your ears after an hour or so. Darn, I wish I could find those HD25's at a local store to try them on.

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #10 of 11
Given that I don't think HD25 is much worse than ESW9...I'd say they blow ES7 out of the water, though I've not heard them. They certainly blow SQ5 out of the water. Far, far out.

HD25s are portable, yes. And they're considerably smaller than SR80. And they don't keep falling off your head.

Edit:
They're uncomfy at first, but I find them pretty comfy now. The pads get softer, etc.
No, they're not heavy. Not at all.

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #11 of 11
The HD 25-1 II are lighter than the ES7s and more comfortable, especially with velour pads.

The ES7 actually sounds more airy and has a more expansive soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back