ATH-ES7 In the House (pics)
Mar 2, 2006 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Spaceage

100+ Head-Fier
So I finally received my ES7s from Audio Cubes after a considerable wait. I won't complain too much since they actually delivered them on a Sunday, which was a nice surprise.

I'm probably not qualified to go into a huge review about the intricacies of the sound. I don't rip lossless and I don't listen to a flat EQ. I'm just a music lover who knows what kind of sound works for him (I must since I generally use the same EQ settings for my home system, computer, car, and portable.) In addition to these cans, I own the Etymotic ER4P, UE Super.Fi 5 Pro, and the Audio Technica CM7ti.

Listening to these cans for 4 days now, I would say that I am extremely satisfied with the purchase. The sound is better than I expected, with lots of tight punchy bass. They are driven very well right out of my DAP, and sound even a bit fuller out of my PA2V2.

As for those who say these suckers grip your head, I must concur. Seriously, on the first day, after wearing them for about an hour, I could see Joe Pesci standing next to me as I gurgled, "Charlie M .... Cha... Charlie M ...." They have begun to adapt finally, just through wearing them and with some slight bending of my own. Once they fully adjust to my head, I can see these being very comfortable.

I've included some images because I HATE threads like this that don't have pics (even if they are terrible quality like mine)
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 16
w00t!

Congratulations man, welcome to team ATH-ES7!!

Yeah, you can definitely stretch them out to improve on the vice-grip of death. Mine are pretty comfortable now.

Enjoy the sound. Sure, it's not the most technically proficient can in the world, but man, they've got a nice enjoyable little sound.

Best,

-Jason

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 16
his name is Neo!

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #6 of 16
AAww come on!! Be a trooper and mess up that pretty hair. JK...
Shave and gel your hair and you could be Neo

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #8 of 16
They do get a bit more comfortable after a while. And with the clamping force, they work pretty well streetstyle-esque.

My only complaint is I wish the cord was just about a foot longer. It looks like it was made with a remote usage in mind. But this is a very minor quibble.

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
How's the quality of the cord?

Thinner than I thought it would be, but it feels plenty durable. There is also very slight microphonics from the cord-split to the cans, but nothing you would ever notice while playing music.

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #11 of 16
is it just me or does the band stick way out past your head?

Mar 2, 2006 at 9:08 AM Post #13 of 16
I like them! Too bad the sound doesn't live up to the looks. It is a definite real alternative to the Triports then, although it doesn't isolate as much.

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #14 of 16
i just purchased these 2 days ago from bluetin, i'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of them. Also purchased the black, but i was very tempted to get the whites since i've only seen 1 user with them on this forum...just that they look like they may get dirty faster since i'm planning on using them as a portable

your topic makes me feel confident about my decision
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by EscaBoi
i just purchased these 2 days ago from bluetin, i'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of them. Also purchased the black, but i was very tempted to get the whites since i've only seen 1 user with them on this forum...just that they look like they may get dirty faster since i'm planning on using them as a portable

your topic makes me feel confident about my decision
biggrin.gif

I avoided the white myself because I felt like I would be advertising that I have an iPod in my pocket (which I don't). I'm sure you'll love them.

Let us know how your order with Bluetin went. Their website scared me off, but Audio Cubes, with their great website, turned out to be a little flaky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back