ATH-ES7 Comfort Level!
Jul 7, 2008 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

adswiftuk

New Head-Fier
I finally bit the bullet after months of deliberating which pair of closed headphones I should get for work and purchased a pair of ATH-ES7s from the For Sale forums on here.

Whilst I enjoy the sound, build quality and looks (although not important), I have one huge grumble with the headphones which is the comfort level they offer. I cannot wear them for anything over an hour before my ears are genuinely hurting all over, but specifically at the top.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

I have worn supra-aural headphones before (a pair of Sony phones: MDR something...) and didn't have issues with them but for what I need my current pair for - listening to music for pro-longed periods of time - unless I can alleviate the pain the ATH-ES7s cause, I seriously think I'm going to have to sell them on or trade for something else.

In the grand scale of closed headphone comfort, whereabouts do the ATH-ES7 rate? Am I asking too much for a pair of closed phones to sit unnoticeably on my head?

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #5 of 9
Buy another phones, like ATH ESW-9, much comfier and better sounding. I know this is not what you are looking for, but I think there are no other solutions. And yes, I know, because I own both of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adswiftuk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by adswiftuk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any other thoughts?

If its the headband that is the one that is bugging you, use this:

new%20products%20001.jpg

diy.JPG

rooster.196125459_std.jpg

Its really comfy. I don't feel the headband now at all! You can stuff some cloth underneath to make it even thicker and more comfy. Once you get the thickness right it will be really comfy!

Get some on ebay.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately the issue I have I don't think is related to the headband.

It's mainly the top of my ears (the flappy bit) that hurt, so I think it's more of a clamping issue. Although the headphones don't feel tight when I put them on my head, like I said before long it starts to get unbearably painful and I have to take them off. As it takes a while for my ears to stop hurting thereafter, I find I have to use them for an hour, then take them off for an hour and so on.

I need a pair that I can wear without any discomfort for several hours in row. The PX200s I have do that, but I find their sound horribly fatiguing due to what I feel is a pronounced upper range.

I was originally looking at the A700 and A900s, how do their comfort level compare to the ES7s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back