ATH-ES7 are these fakes or not? =]
Sep 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dualcross

New Head-Fier
ATHES7BKRB | ATH-ES7 Refurbished Portable Stainless Steel Headphones (Black) | BuyDig.com

I was thinking of getting a pair of ATH-ES7 because my last pair of headphones got destroyed a few weeks ago. I have read of multiple sources where buydig.com has been a reliable seller. But the price seems a bit cheap even for a refurbished pair of ATH-ES7. Tell me what you guys think, should I go for it or find a different seller?

Also, could you guys tell me if the ATH-FC7 are worth the money? My friend is thinking of getting a pair and I'm not sure I can give him the correct info.

Thanks!

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 5
Stock photo, but a refurbished set. Could be a simple customer return, or a minor repair -- you'll never know. But the price seems right for refurbished.

Sep 14, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 5
They're not fake, they're on the safe list of places to buy from :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...-fakes-417148/

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 5
I'll try to answer your concerns as best I can. The ES7's you're looking at are refurbished phones from Audio-Technica USA and are not fakes but FWIR there could be some comestic damage with these phones which you may not want but acousticly they are supposed to be in fine working condition. They are covered by a warranty through Audio-Technice USA. There is another vendor that sells the refurbished phones and that is J & R Music World in N.Y., their price is a little bit more expensive but they will price- match if you call their customer service/sales dept., also they have a 30 day return/exchange policy (I do not know if this includes refurbished products), call their customer service dept. for info. on this also. J & R is usually a great vendor to deal with, they have price-matched on many items I've purchased from them in the past. I think you're freind may be loking at the newer portable headphone from AT which is the ATH-FC700 (40mm diaphrams), I actually have a pair of the older ATH-FC7's (30mm diaphrams) which I think are very good portable headphones. Headphone.com gives the ATH-FC700 a score of 4.5 out a possible 5.0 for sound quality, value, etc. I've seen the the black and white ATH-FC700's from a few vendors for under $60 USD including J & R (J & R has free shipping on there items this week). Look at audio-technica headphones in both buy.com and amazon.con, I know that buy.com is selling the ATH-FC700's in red for under $55 I beleive with free shipping (I think these are very cool). FWIR the ES7's may be a little uncomfortable for some people and that the ATH-700's may be a little bit more comfortable, but apparently the ES7's have better SQ and are drop-dead gorgeous in either black or white stainless steel color. Let us know how things work out. Happy Shopping and Happy Listening.
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back