ATH-EM7 $42 (excl. shipping)
Nov 14, 2002 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Guyferd

1000+ Head-Fier
I just mailed audio technica and they replied saying they are sellin it for $42 but it excludes shippin tax etc..
some of you guys might find it cheaper rather than go buy from audiocubes.com, especially those living in singapore.. can save $US20 hehe.. not bad already. Ablaze, so when you getting yours
biggrin.gif
?

This is the email:

Hi ,

Thank you for showing interest on our products.

In regards of the headphone (ATH-EM7), it will be available only

sometimes in end December. And price is selling @ USD42.00.

Have a nice day….

With Regards,

Jaslin Lim

Sales Division

Tel: 67495686

Fax: 67495689

email: jaslin@audio-technica.com.sg

Audio-Technica: Guide to A-T Products: Alphanumeric Product List

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 2:26 PM
To: jaslin@audio-technica.com.sg
Subject: ATH-EM7

Hello

I am interested in this particular model ATH-Em7 ear fitting phone. Apparently the audiocubes.com sells them but I would like to know whether I can get them in Singapore. Do audio technica in singapore carries them?

And how much do these things cost.

Thank you.

Nov 17, 2002 at 7:58 AM Post #3 of 16
Guyferd,

Sounds like you could go into business for yourself what with buying these at $42 each and selling them for less than AudioCubes asking price of $70!! Anything else they have you can get cheaper for us???????

Nov 17, 2002 at 8:36 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
guy, what's the akg k1000's going for there?

OH NO!! Not you too WalliJohn!! You also succumbing to the purchase bug that so far has infected so many with the desire to buy some AT stuff???

Nov 17, 2002 at 9:40 AM Post #7 of 16
Servinginecuador:
lol.. you are absolutely right.. if I go on buy a few of these and seel them to fellow head-fiers let's say for $65(less than $70), I would earn about $20 per piece. hehe.. not a bad business

Everything else they have here is cheaper than audiocubes.com, if I remember correctly, the ath-w100 is sold here at $260. Yep, that's true.That's why some head-fiers deal with this sporean guy when they were purchasing the w2002..

The audiocubes earn quite well.. but I think their price is reasonable.

If any of you have chance to come to singapore do visit some the headphone shops. Their price is definately a steal. Esp. phones like audiotechnica where it isn't readily available in the US and Europe.

hm.. wallijon.. the akgk1000 I am yet to check their price. I will PM you once I get back to singapore. I am currently on vacation up to 1st january .

Nov 17, 2002 at 9:49 AM Post #8 of 16
$260??
confused.gif

but i got a reply from them saying it is selling for $330.
can tell me where to get it in for $260 in Singapore?
maybe it is the new price cos i got the quote from them in Oct.

Dear Chung Wei,

Thank you for your inquiry.
In regards of the price for ATH-W100 headphone, we are selling @
USD330.00
nett.
(Price inclusive of Freight Charges - By UPS Express).
If you accept this offer, kindly remit payment in advance through
Telegraphic Transfer.
Our Bank Information's:
Audio-Technica (S.E.A.) Pte Ltd
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Singapore Branch, 3 Temasek Ave,
#06-01 Centennial Tower,
Singapore 039190.
A/C No. : 0100983-1
Swiftcode: smbcsgsg branch code: 7

Hope to hear from you soonest......

With Regards,
Jaslin Lim
Sales Division
Tel: 67495686
Fax: 67495689
email: jaslin@audio-technica.com.sg
Audio-Technica: Guide to A-T Products: Alphanumeric Product List

Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 10:59 AM
To: 'JASLIN LIM'
Subject: FW: Audio Technica ATH-W100

Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 8:42 AM
To: vin@audio-technica.com.sg
Subject: Audio Technica ATH-W100

hi Mr Chan

I was recommend by Mark Real to look for you regarding the Audio
Technica ATH-W100.

I will like to know how can get this particular headphone in Singapore
and how much will it cost?

Thanks

regards
Chung Wei

Nov 17, 2002 at 1:32 PM Post #9 of 16
No.
I didn't get the quotation from Jaslin Lim(Audio Technica Singapore). Rather, I went straight to my trusted headphone shop.. Hung brothers in Simlim 3rd level I think near escalator.

They have it for something like S$460.
Much cheaper than the AR S.E.A , I wonder why is this so..
confused.gif

You can try visiting hung bros.. their price is very good./ I have bought several headphones from them.

Nov 17, 2002 at 1:48 PM Post #10 of 16
SE, i've already bought the AD10's. the difference with the akg k1000's is that i have heard them! (gerG is doing a full review on the AD10's. should be ready in about 1 to 2 weeks).

i was over at gerG's house and when i slipped the Hollies' "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress," into his dvd player, and heard them through his AKG class-A amp, tears came to my eyes. INSTANT LOVE.

now i find there's a $180 equinox cable for it, and there's an nOrh SE-9 tube amp for $400 for it.

i would first see how they sound through my RS receiver (stop laughing - it was top of the line when i bought it), and then see if i can find someone with a yamaha class-A amp, like the M30 or M45 and see if they sounded okay with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
listening to "Long Cool Woman with a Black Dress On"....

Nov 17, 2002 at 4:26 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
SE, i've already bought the AD10's. the difference with the akg k1000's is that i have heard them! (gerG is doing a full review on the AD10's. should be ready in about 1 to 2 weeks).

i was over at gerG's house and when i slipped the Hollies' "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress," into his dvd player, and heard them through his AKG class-A amp, tears came to my eyes. INSTANT LOVE.

now i find there's a $180 equinox cable for it, and there's an nOrh SE-9 tube amp for $400 for it.

i would first see how they sound through my RS receiver (stop laughing - it was top of the line when i bought it), and then see if i can find someone with a yamaha class-A amp, like the M30 or M45 and see if they sounded okay with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
listening to "Long Cool Woman with a Black Dress On"....

They sound good with my Marantz 2220B receiver, which is only 20 watts (although delivered power is much more, I believe). I also have the $180 Equinox cable, which does make a slight improvement (tightens up the top end, gives the overall sound more coherence). Soundstage, speed, and overall detail are nothing short of astounding.

Nov 17, 2002 at 8:09 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Guyferd
No.
I didn't get the quotation from Jaslin Lim(Audio Technica Singapore). Rather, I went straight to my trusted headphone shop.. Hung brothers in Simlim 3rd level I think near escalator.

They have it for something like S$460.
Much cheaper than the AR S.E.A , I wonder why is this so..
confused.gif

You can try visiting hung bros.. their price is very good./ I have bought several headphones from them.

Thanks for the info.
I will go there and check it out
tongue.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 10:40 PM Post #15 of 16
I wonder how much shipping, etc. would add on to the cost of AT 'phones sent over. If the EM7s are $42, then how much total, delivered to my New Jersey doorstep? I'm sure I could find out by sending off an email or two, but I'll delegate.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Btw, wallijonn, I think 'Long Cool Woman' is a GREAT song too.

sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back