ATH-EC7 VS Shure E2c?
Sep 18, 2005 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

skybl4ck

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, just curious about sound quality between these two headphones. Isolation isn't a big factor for me, just the SQ is
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 6
I never really see any recommendations for those. Do they block out alot of noise or are they just fancy clip ons? In what way are they better than the E2's? Fir the price they are you could get E3c's and then some.

Sep 18, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 6
I've got the CM7ti and E3, and prefer the SQ of the CM7ti. I'll be bold and say most people think the E3 sounds better than the E2 (which I haven't heard), but some think the E2 better.

I think the EC7 is supposed to be similar to the CM7ti, and if so, the clips are there for a purpose in that they keep the earbud right against the ear. If the SQ is the same, I would go for the EC7 because that is my only problem with the CM7ti - it doesn't stay put in the ear. If you move around and they dislodge slightly, you lose a bit of SQ. If just sitting there though, I love the CM7ti's.

Sep 18, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 6
I think Pauls is probably correct... what you have here are the ultimate earbuds (clip-on earbuds), and ones that probably are closer in signature to the ER-4p/E4. There are a few reviews on this site, do a search. The problem is there are only a handful of folks who've tried these.

Personally I'm looking for an alternative to my Shure E4s, not that they're not great, they just block too much noise when walking around in an urban environment. These guys are at the top of my list, just worried about durability.

Sep 18, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
Personally I'm looking for an alternative to my Shure E4s, not that they're not great, they just block too much noise when walking around in an urban environment. These guys are at the top of my list, just worried about durability.

If you use the ultra-soft flex sleeves and the straight-in insertion method instead of the around-the-ear, you barely get any isolation with a perfect seal. I don't know if that's still too much for you, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back