ATH-EC7, B&O A8: which one will you choose?
Jun 8, 2008 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jldiablo

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Wanna ask for ur opinion!

I want to get one headphone from between the ATH-EC7 and B&O A8 (like their style) for sports (running, gym etc.). Regardless of the sound, which one is more comfortable or suitable for that, for a person wearing GLASSES? give me your reason for ur choice plz!

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 14
If you wear glasses I'd say don't go for the A8, you'll get clip competition. Otherwise, get get get them, they're very very good, if pricey. Make sure to wear them properly once you get them (IE, not the way that B&O tells you to) and be absolutely sure to buy from a B&O retailer, almost every single pair online is fake, esp on ebay.

Jun 8, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you wear glasses I'd say don't go for the A8, you'll get clip competition. Otherwise, get get get them, they're very very good, if pricey. Make sure to wear them properly once you get them (IE, not the way that B&O tells you to) and be absolutely sure to buy from a B&O retailer, almost every single pair online is fake, esp on ebay.

Thanks, i'm quite worried about the clip competition issue... will the EC7 do any better?

Jun 8, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 14
Its clip is thinner, but that in itself means that the edges will "slice" more. I couldn't say which would result is the greater degree of discomfort while wearing glasses.

Jun 8, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ec7 is better sounding, and more comfortable...easier to break though I imagine.

Did you take the time to fit the A8 properly?

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Its clip is thinner, but that in itself means that the edges will "slice" more. I couldn't say which would result is the greater degree of discomfort while wearing glasses.

From pictures, The A8's clip is quite thick... will this make the glasses easily fall off while you re running?

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Did you take the time to fit the A8 properly?

But u have to agree that A8 is heavier than EC7, maybe that will cause some degree of discomfort after a long time usage?

Jun 8, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jldiablo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But u have to agree that A8 is heavier than EC7, maybe that will cause some degree of discomfort after a long time usage?

zero comfort issues for me as well. you can adjust the earclip to fit your needs imo.

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #12 of 14
I do wear glass (with thin frame) and didn't have any problem with A8.
Normally, it's very2 comfy and with ear clip, it will prevent the earphone from falling down. There are many occasions where I drop my iPod earbud accidentally and accidentally step on it.

But, I do not feel comfortable when using it for sport/gym. The sweat stick on that rubber ear-clip.

In my opinion, I would choose EC7 for sport.
But for fashion, choose A8
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back