ATH-CM7Ti vs MS-1
Jan 26, 2005 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GuardianKnight

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone

I am new here and I have recently gotten into the whole audiophile craze (starting with my purchase of my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 and it all went downhill from there). I bought a pair of MS-1's about 3 months ago and so I know that they are fully burnt in. But this week I got my ATH-CM7Ti and I have been blown away
eek.gif
by the improvement in overall sound quality(detail in bass and treble along with clarity) with these tiny earbuds. Now I face the dilemma of getting better Grados or Alessandros, what do you all think would at least meet or surpass my new earbuds?
confused.gif

Jan 26, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 6
Are you amping the ms-1? Perhaps your soundcards or pcdp aren't up to the task of fully realizing the potential of the ms-1 without one.

Jan 26, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 6
I have yet to obtain an amp yet but hopefully that will change once I get my paycheck within 1 or 2 weeks. I am looking at getting a standard configuration of the SuperMacro with all the optional non-upgradable components installed (the switches, the extra buffer chip, and the extra sockets for opamps and buffers). Hopefully this will allow me to enjoy my pair of MS-1's more so I won't get premature upgradetitis.
biggrin.gif
But for right now I will just enjoy my earbuds and let them burn in fully with constant loving...erhm...use
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #4 of 6
I have a similar cans to you.
An MS-2 and the CM7 (not ti)
I just got the Cm7s yesterday so they aren't fully broken in.
But I'm quite impressed with how they are holding up against the Alessandros.
The earbuds sound a little "hollow" compared to the MS-2. This could be a more neutral sound compared to the colors of the MS-2. The mids are not as prominent. But, overall, the Alessandro is better, but the A/Ts do and excellent job for earbuds and I'm very impressed at this point

(These are all un-amped as I am waiting on the PC group buy)
I'll leave the earbuds burning in for a few days and will give some more thorough impressions (Hopefully I'll get my amp and I can factor that in aswell)

Jan 26, 2005 at 8:00 AM Post #5 of 6
I also had a listen of the cm7's recently and from the moment i placed them in my ear, I was blown away from their sound. I mean, it wasn't the best thing i've ever heard, but i was shocked that such sweet sound was coming from these puny lil earbuds. Now if only their price was cut in half, then i'd be jumping on these immediately
cool.gif

Jan 26, 2005 at 5:02 PM Post #6 of 6
I recieved my pair 7ti's yesterday from AudioCubes. Quickly stuck them in the Ipod and was quite impressed at the jump in sound quality from the Senn MX500's. Next I put my 2 year old JMT altoid in the headphone out, plugged in the 7's and was really stunned. The improvement was in all areas, most noticably in the bass 'impact'. So.... now I want to pick up one of the newer amps out there and keep on rolling. What ever I get, it needs the ability to be AC powered when in the office. I would like it to be portable, but I can always continue using my mint amp. I see all the positive SM and SR-71 press. The SR-71 reads like it has the edge, but alas it can't be powered. Anyone had the chance to hear these buds on a better amp? Recommendations? I don't mind spending the money as I plan on picking up a nice set of cans for the house. I use to have the Senn 600's running on a McCormack Headphone amp. It never really did a lot for me other than put me to sleep so I dumped it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back