ATH-CM7ti vs ATH-EC7 vs Sharp HP-MD90B
Feb 6, 2005 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

rkw

Headphoneus Supremus
I have the Sony E888 and prefer earbuds because my ears easily feel hot with headphones that actually cover them. I would like something at least as good as the E888, but sturdier (and the E888 carrying case is odd and awkward). From the forums, the CM7/CM7ti seem to be a clear option.

I've been wondering about the styles that are essentially earbuds with an ear clip, like the ATH-EC7 and Sharp HP-MD90B, and how they compare against the better earbuds like the E888 and CM7. This style is interesting to me because they should be much more secure in the ear than regular earbuds (of the many earbuds I have used, staying in the ear has always been a bit precarious).

The EC7 is similar in price to the CM7ti, and given that they are both Audio Technica, I would expect their sound character should be similar. However I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has compared the two of them. The Sharp HP-MD90B costs the same as the aluminum CM7, but nobody at Head-Fi has reported trying them (the one review on AudioCubes is very positive). What is the general feeling about Sharp brand headphones?

Audio-Technica ATH-CM7ti Titanium Stick Earphones
Audio-Technica ATH-EC7 Inner Ear Headphone
Sharp HP-MD90B Four Pole Headphones

By the way, I'm not considering canalphones because I need them to be non-isolating.

- Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back