ATH-CM7 earbuds - any opinions?
Jan 3, 2004 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rizumu

Thinks I like him.
Yes, I'm crazy for even considering these, but has anyone bought or heard the new Audio Technica ATH-CM7 earbuds yet? I'll welcome opinions on the ATH-CM5 if you've heard that too, particularly how it compares to the Sony E888. But I'd like to know something about how the CM7 sounds the most.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm looking for some good buds for my iPod. Thanks!

Jan 3, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 4
I bought the CM7s as replacements for the Sony 888s. Since my 888s broke (my second broken set
mad.gif
), I was unable to do a side by side comparison. But I think the CM7 are better all around from what I remember of the 888s.

I use mine with my iPod and I think they are great.

Not sure if the improvement (possible improvement?) justifies the cost difference, but the build quality sure does. I seriously doubt that the CM7s will fall apart like the 888s.

Jan 4, 2004 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by kaba
I bought the CM7s as replacements for the Sony 888s. Since my 888s broke (my second broken set
mad.gif
), I was unable to do a side by side comparison. But I think the CM7 are better all around from what I remember of the 888s.

I use mine with my iPod and I think they are great.

Not sure if the improvement (possible improvement?) justifies the cost difference, but the build quality sure does. I seriously doubt that the CM7s will fall apart like the 888s.

Oh okay, thanks! Yeah, that's what worries me about the E888. I've heard it has crappy build quality. I wonder if the CM7 is a big enough jump up from in sound quality from the CM5 to justify the cost, supposing the CM5 has good build quality too.

Jan 4, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 4
Not sure if there is enough difference is sound quality to justify the $80 difference. I am pretty sure there is some difference since the drivers are different (not just a different case material like the CM7 & CM7ti).

The CM7 feels/looks like it is built like a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back