ATH-CK7 or RP-HJE70?
Feb 5, 2006 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yaufei

100+ Head-Fier
I already have a pair of e4c. But sometimes I dont want so much isolation and I would like put them on or take off more conveniently.

I am now looking for something better to replace my HJE50. So how does these two compare?

Feb 5, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 5
Neither. Get the ever-so-cheaper Sharp MD-33S or anything that looks exactly the same (Senn's CX300, Creative EP-630, etc).

If you really want to decide betweent the 2, think about both of them for a second.

Do you like the neck-chain design?
If you do, I think the Pana's have them.
The CK7's do not.

CK7's cords are a bit short, but that's ok.

Watch out for the HJE70's build quality.

Feb 5, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #3 of 5
i have the md33, ep630 and the hje70. the hje70, imo, is a league above the md33/ep630. the md33/ep630 are not bad and sounds fun. the hje70 sounds more refined and has less sibilance, and is quite bassy but without sounding too bloated. i've not had the chance to try ck7 yet, but most people who have tried commented it has weak bass. i'm waiting for ck7 to come to singapore too.
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaufei
I already have a pair of e4c. But sometimes I dont want so much isolation and I would like put them on or take off more conveniently.

I am now looking for something better to replace my HJE50. So how does these two compare?

Wow, its like the total opposite of you...You're now going for lower end equipments!
biggrin.gif

OTOH, I too need something like the EX71 (no way will i get EX71 though...) so as to prevent wierd stares as well as too much isolation from my E5c's...I'll love to get my hands on the Sony Qualia series earbuds though....

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:00 AM Post #5 of 5
got mine.
biggrin.gif

first impressions: the sound is bright. the sound is not as bassy as the hje-70. hje70 sounds more fun. ck7 sounds more analytical and has a more resolving treble and sounds more crisp. the ck7 also feels heavier than the hje70. ck7 tries to mimic shure canalphones by implemeting the over the ear cable wearing method. the earphones can be worn the normal way also, but i suspect they will fall out if there is movement due to the heavier weight.

oh, and audio cubes has quite a high price tag for it. it is listed at usd115. i got mine for $125 singapore dollars.

image006359bl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back