ATH-CK10 vs. Q-jays
Feb 1, 2010 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Pianist

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys,

I searched for a thread like this, but could not find one. Can those of you who own both or heard both post your impressions regarding the strengths and weaknesses of each one vs. the other, mainly in regards to sound quality? Both are dual driver and both are highly regarded IEMs in their respective price ranges. Personally, I owned the q-jays, and loved them except that I thought the upper mids were just a tad too recessed and also the treble lacked a bit of clarity.

Thanks in advance.
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 7
I have owned both and from every conceivable angle, I prefer the CK10. The q-Jays is nice, but not nearly as smooth, or free of weak plastic echos.

And, the CK10 is made much much better. The CK10 and j-Jays are rather neutral, but the CK10 has the Jays beat ever so slightly. Within that though, it is smoother and full of maturity.

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks Shigzeo. Any more opinions? I am still very interested in comparisons between these two.

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 7
When will the ck10 praise period end?I have no idea......I think this is the most iem that got alot of threads and comparisons in a small period,I hope they live up to their expectations when they arrive to me.

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have owned both and from every conceivable angle, I prefer the CK10. The q-Jays is nice, but not nearly as smooth, or free of weak plastic echos.

And, the CK10 is made much much better. The CK10 and j-Jays are rather neutral, but the CK10 has the Jays beat ever so slightly. Within that though, it is smoother and full of maturity.

Owning both, I substantially agree with Shigzeo. The mids and the highs on the CK 10 are much smoother and more natural sounding along with the great clarity the CK 10 produces.

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Owning both, I substantially agree with Shigzeo. The mids and the highs on the CK 10 are much smoother and more natural sounding along with the great clarity the CK 10 produces.

How do you think the bass compares? Also, I thought q-jays handle piano exceptionally well. Do you agree?

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #7 of 7
^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back