ATH CK10 alternatives?
Aug 30, 2011 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Useraid

New Head-Fier
These went awry after only a few months, and they're discontinued here in the UK. Want to buy from these shores so I am covered by warranty. Is there anything with same build and sound quality that is a similar price? Nothing obvious seems to pop out from the IEM review list, the only ones with as good build or sound cost double or more.

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 6
Brainwavz B2, DBA02, and the Etymotic HF5's, and maybe the RE0's all have a somewhat similar sound signature to the CK10.  From what I've heard, the B2's and DBA02's are the closest to its sound and amount of detail.

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the replies. I should have made more emphasis about build quality. The ATH CK10s had a lovely dual cable that felt very strong, I am using a pair of RE0s at the moment, and they feel quite cheap by comparison. The Ortofon e-Q5s get a 4/5 on build quality and come quite a bit further down the IEM review list than the CK10s, as do the others mentioned here. (referring to http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-191-iems-compared-xears-cp100ip-td-iii-v2-added-8-23 ).

Really does seem I'll have to trade down in build quality or sound to keep to that price, shame.

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 6
Yes you're right. I'm considering westone umx3 with replacement cables at the moment. The sound isn't rated quite as good but they're close I think and when the cable beaks it could be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back