ATH-AD900x vs Phillips Fidelio X2
Jun 3, 2016 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zoenphlux

New Head-Fier
I have been looking for new headphones for a long time, but never could pull the trigger.  I finally decided today to get the X2s and then found the AD900x's for 115 (New) through buydig on ebay.  The best price I can find the X2's is 180$(Used).  My question is how much of a difference is there between these two?  Are the X2's worth another 65$?  I don't buy often, so I would like to make sure its worth it

thanks!!

Jun 3, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 5
You know, these kinds of questions--that get asked all the time here on head-fi--about which can is worth what are so very difficult to answer because it is such a personal thing. One person may think the $65 is more than worth it, while the next will say that's ridiculous. Everyone's mileage varies, IMHO. That said, what I would do were I in your shoes is I would stay with the X2. You will get it for a good price and it is an excellent open headphone that should give you enjoyment for years to come. Personally, in comparing the two, I would consider the X2 to be a bit of an upgrade (others may consider it a sidegrade) over the AD900x. They're both good headphones.

Jun 3, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for the reply.  I was afraid to post it because I figured the same thing.  I just happened to find the sale price and thought I would get one more throw at it.  115 would give me some cash to spare to get an Nvidia Shield Tv haha.

Jun 3, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 5
  I have been looking for new headphones for a long time, but never could pull the trigger.  I finally decided today to get the X2s and then found the AD900x's for 115 (New) through Buydig on ebay.  The best price I can find the X2's is 180$(Used).  My question is how much of a difference is there between these two?  Are the X2's worth another 65$?  I don't buy often, so I would like to make sure its worth it
thanks!!

Depends on how much you like bass,
Get the Fidelio X2 if your big on bass.
Get the AD900X if your ok with a lighter (but decent) bass.

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 5
Well, I purchased the AD900x, and then got up this morning only to discover I regretted it and wanted the X2's lol.  However, as I looked into it more I found out there was a bad batch of headphones put out around Christmas, so now it's going to be hard to know if it is worth the risk.  Is there a sure way to know if the X2 headphones are ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back