ATH-AD900's on their way!
Jun 15, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 13
I have the LTD's and enjoy them. What previous can experience do you have? That will give us an idea of what you can expect. If you've never had a high(er) end can before, you'll probably be blown away. If you've experienced some of the best, you might not see anything special in these.

Jun 15, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 13
I thought they only had the LTD's for the A900?

Anyway, I'm what many (including myself) would call a "noob". I went with the AD900's because I really like the sound of my SJ5's.

Jun 15, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadlySpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought they only had the LTD's for the A900?

Anyway, I'm what many (including myself) would call a "noob". I went with the AD900's because I really like the sound of my SJ5's.

Sorry, didn't see the D slipped in there
wink.gif

I have a feeling that you'll notice a big difference in detail. With most AT cans I've listened to now, I think there is not as much isolation as I'd like and the bottom end is a little disappointing (keep in mind that this is coming from a home stereo guy). Still, I think you'll be very satisfied.

Jun 15, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 13
The LTD is based on the 900 and is closed, the AD900 doesn't have an LTD equivalent, and is open. I loved my AD900 when I had it; it will be quite a nice upgrade esp. if you haven't had any other mid/high fi cans. Very nice mids, great airy sound, large soundstage. After a bit of burn in, the bass settles to be quite tight and punchy, but probably not a basshead can. If you have issues with the driver resting on your ear as I did, look up gerG's phatpad mods. Enjoy the phone, the best thing is that it is easily driven from a comp.

Jun 15, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 13
In general, open phones tend to have a more natural sound and are preferred because of this; but sometimes at the expense of bass response. It all depends on how much bass (or type to some) you need in your cans, what your musical preferences are, and to a slight extent your source/amp.

Jun 15, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadlySpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really care about bass, as long as it's there whitout being overpowering.

Sweet barbecued Jesus, I can't wait 'till they get here!

The wait is the hardest part
wink.gif
But rest assured, stuff from Pricejapan comes lightning quick to the states.

Jun 15, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #11 of 13
Still should be about the same time. I'm in the maritimes at the moment, and I've had a few rare occurrences where it took a while to get a package, but I suspect it's customs that is the culprit. Also, as long as they use regular mail and not UPS (evil), you should be fine
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still should be about the same time. I'm in the maritimes at the moment, and I've had a few rare occurrences where it took a while to get a package, but I suspect it's customs that is the culprit. Also, as long as they use regular mail and not UPS (evil), you should be fine
tongue.gif

Yup, almost always customs. The delays they add are maddening!

Jun 16, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #13 of 13
i got the ad700s and find them lacking in the bass department but comfort is awesome though, would i notice a difference in the ad900s?
planning on using them mainly for movies some music and occasional gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back