ath-ad900 uncomfortable
Aug 8, 2006 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rabidmoose171

100+ Head-Fier
I just got these cans and they seem very comfortable at first, but then i realized my ears are too big or something like that, and they touch the transducers. After wearing them for a period of time my ears start to hurt from pressing against something.

Is this a common problem with these cans, or do i have a bad pair, or are my ears just too big?

Aug 8, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 10
Sounds like the same problem that people had with the AD2000. I recommend searching for recent discussion on AD2000. I remember seeing some people adding foam strips to the earpads. There are pictures of it too.

Not sure whether the same thing would work for the AD900, but you should check it out.

Aug 8, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #5 of 10
get the A1000 pads. I had them, and they increase the distance from the ear, and are more comfortable to boot!

Aug 8, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidmoose171
50 bucks for pads? Jeeze, ill try and figure out a way to mod em myself. Or just deal with it.

Greetings from Sharky, Rabidmoose171. Don't get too gung-ho trying to mod them and mess them up, but I wish you the best in your efforts.

So other than the uncomfortable factor, how do they sound to you?

Aug 8, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #8 of 10
They sound pretty freaking good. Im coming from a pair of DT770s... so yea, it feels like i am lacking bass. lol

I ended up just putting some cotton balls behind the pads. Its a good solution, although im not sure if it is going to absorb my highs. I dont really have an amp right now to tell if i am hearing good sound or bad.

Aug 8, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidmoose171
They sound pretty freaking good. Im coming from a pair of DT770s... so yea, it feels like i am lacking bass. lol

I ended up just putting some cotton balls behind the pads. Its a good solution, although im not sure if it is going to absorb my highs. I dont really have an amp right now to tell if i am hearing good sound or bad.

Hmmmm....kind of a side-step in the headphone department. Interesting, my next move would have been to save up for an amp. That's the next step in the chain which will provide the most difference sonically. I'm glad you like them though!

I don't think the cotton balls should absorb too much of your highs, though it may actually help make them less fatiguing if it does absorb some.

Aug 8, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by SprySpectre
Hmmmm....kind of a side-step in the headphone department. Interesting, my next move would have been to save up for an amp. That's the next step in the chain which will provide the most difference sonically. I'm glad you like them though!

I don't think the cotton balls should absorb too much of your highs, though it may actually help make them less fatiguing if it does absorb some.

You dont understand. I didnt want an upgrade, just something diffferent. I sold my beyers 8 months ago, hoping to switch to speakers full time. But im going to school now and will be rooming with someone. as to not be a complete dick i am going to use cans most of the time, but ill save my klipsch pm2.1's.

I wanted something open, but not to expensive.

Im having an amp built for me right now too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back