ATH-AD900 Good Metal/Gaming phones...?
Nov 7, 2009 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

_Stooge_

100+ Head-Fier
So ive been trolling the forum the last month or two with great interest and i think im ready to take the plunge into some hi-fi goodness.

Been looking for a great rock/metal headphone and to no surprise Grado comes up every time. Dont get me wrong either, im perfecting fine with rocking Grados, but ive got a few issues.

1. Comfort - Heard alot of mixed reviews on the comfort of Grados (225i more specifically which is what ive been considering) which leads me to my next point.

2. Gaming - I spend alot of my free time gaming with HD555s which i can have on with no issues for very long sessions. I know Grados probably lack comfort and the soundstage necessary for gaming as far as I can tell.

The other headphones that have caught my eye have been ATH-AD900s. They are easy to drive, look super comfortable, are supposed to be great with gaming and are pretty highly regarded as far as i can tell. I am wondering if any metalheads out there have any experience with these Cans and if they even come close to some good Grados. The music is what im most concerned about... I can live with my HD555s for gaming if that what it comes down to
confused_face(1).gif

Thx for your help!

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 4
I have both the AD900's are Grado SR225i.

I use the AD900s for gaming/movies as they are perfect for that (comfort is also awesome)

I keep both cause i prefer the SR225i's to the AD900 for music but the AD900s are perfect for positional games and movies.

I choose both :p (thats what i got and i love em both to death)

EDIT: I owned the HD555's before the AD900's, both the grados and the AD900's are a world apart from the 555's.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #3 of 4
Funny how you have those exact 2 headphones hehe. Cant afford to grab both right away but it sounds like Grado is the direction i should go first.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 4
For gaming, ABSOLUTELY! For music, there's a lot better for the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back