ATH-AD700: earcup to earcup length
Apr 16, 2009 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mobius

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody, thought i'd register here to get some advise because $80+ are at stake.
wink.gif

Anywhom, could anyone with A/T ATH-AD700 headphones measure the length from each earfoam to earfoam, across from each other, inside, while they are parallel? I want to know how wide a head, one has to have before these headphones could be considered "too large" to some. My mouse is hovering over the "process" button on Amazon because of the low price it is now. But i though id get one last ditch effort and find a reason for myself not to spend 80 bucks on purple puzzled plastic.

You could also give you hat size too, that could also work.

Thanks in advance.
regular_smile .gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 4
Hat size 71/4, measurements of the cans, 4 1/4" diameter. These are circular, not oblong. Laying down on a table, the bottoms of the ear piece touch. Picking the cans up and holding them vertically, the bottoms of the earpiece touch. When I first received them, the cans took a little time getting used to, but after about three minutes, the cans do adjust to your head pretty well. IMO, go ahead and press process, you won't be disappointed, I know I wasn't.

Apr 17, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Busta9iron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hat size 71/4, measurements of the cans, 4 1/4" diameter. These are circular, not oblong. Laying down on a table, the bottoms of the ear piece touch. Picking the cans up and holding them vertically, the bottoms of the earpiece touch. When I first received them, the cans took a little time getting used to, but after about three minutes, the cans do adjust to your head pretty well. IMO, go ahead and press process, you won't be disappointed, I know I wasn't.

Cool, thanks for the reply Busta9iron. I guess ill go order them in a few. Im still open to measurements though.

Also, i should have correctly wrote my main concern using left and right. I was looking along the lines of the length from the bottom of the left "channel" earcup, to the other earcup, while it was at a stretched width (like holding the cans apart while taking them off) and measure the distance from each earfoam tip, to measure the distance as if they were on your head.

But maybe im just over thinning this. I guess for me it just seems like $80 bucks would bee alot for something that might, might not fit me correctly. (as well as being limited on funds after PS3 YLOD'ed
angry_face.gif
)

Apr 17, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 4
My best guess is 5" from ear to ear. As I said in my response, the cans do seem to adjust to your head fairly well. I am not going to over stretch the cans to see maximum width.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back