ATH-AD2000-owners: which amp to take?
Apr 1, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #31 of 40
ElephasIron_Dreamer said:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
icon10.gif

Yeah, you can drop that off the to-do list, the only reason I was interested was to see if the AD2000 was more worthwhile to get than the W5000. Obviously I just went and chose
biggrin.gif
Now I just want HA5000 vs. Lavry headamp from you!
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #32 of 40
Sorry for the multiple posts, had a "problem to connect to database" yesterday, whatever that means.

@ Elaphas & IronDreamer, could you please answer my question anyway?

Sorry and thanks!

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid05
Is it correct what some here said about the W5000, that you can change the fit by simply rotating the earpads?

The earpads varies in thickness. The standard way is to align the stitching to where the cords enter the driver housings, at the bottom. However, it is possible to rotate the earpads and the fit would be different.

I use the standard earpad alignment, and have a very good fit. The earpads extend a bit further out towards the back of the head and are thicker in that area.

Quote:

Is that out of your memory, or did you just have another listening session in one of your marvellous headphone-shops over there?

Ah, you're referring to the photo of a local audio shop I posted. No, I haven't been back to the shop yet. The next time I go I will try the AD2000 with the Corda Aria again, and compare it with other amps.

--
Iron_Dreamer, the W5000 sounds much better with the HA5000 than the DA10's headphone port. Comparatively, the DA10 is harsher, thin-sounding, treble is sharp and over-emphasized, and soundstage is smaller. The W5000 also sounds better with the Lehmann BCL or Dared MP5 than the DA10. I will post more about the W5000/HA5000 combo in another thread.

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:49 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
Ah, you're referring to the photo of a local audio shop I posted. No, I haven't been back to the shop yet. The next time I go I will try the AD2000 with the Corda Aria again, and compare it with other amps.

Oh, I`d appreciate that very much!

Quote:

I will post more about the W5000/HA5000 combo in another thread.

Please!

If this goes on, you`ll make me finally order that combo...
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #35 of 40
The AT-HA5000 is now offered by Audiocubes for 1.150 Euros ($1.350), plus the additional costs for the import.

In that pricerange, there would be the RudiStor RPX33 as a strong competor, a double-mono SS-amp, unlike the other Rudis not dedicated to the HD650s that much, but rather unique, and from what I`ve read and seen, probably the ideal solution for an AD2000.
The RPX33 goes for 1.300 Euros.

Now while that would be the heaven of HAs, one should probably try to keep both feet on the ground...
biggrin.gif

In the pricerange of the Corda Arias there is another RudiStor as a strong competor, for 475 Euros, the NX-01.
Already recommended by cosmophagma, this amp indeed seems to suit the AD2000 almost perfectly, at least from what I`ve read about it.

An interesting review of the RudiStor NX-01 I`ve found here:
http://ipastudio.com/reviews/showpro...hp/product/108

Decisions, decisions...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

The AT-HA5000 is now offered by Audiocubes for 1.150 Euros ($1.350),

Decisions, decisions...
smily_headphones1.gif

hmmm thats singlepower mpx slam price range correct? freaking A.... its hard enough looking for the perfect can, now i got choices with amps too. Good thing im sticking with my PC as a source so dont need to deal with that.

Apr 3, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

The AT-HA5000 is now offered by Audiocubes for 1.150 Euros ($1.350), plus the additional costs for the import.

In that pricerange, there would be the RudiStor RPX33 as a strong competor, a double-mono SS-amp, unlike the other Rudis not dedicated to the HD650s that much, but rather unique, and from what I`ve read and seen, probably the ideal solution for an AD2000.
The RPX33 goes for 1.300 Euros.

You best try rudistor
because someone seldom post this combination
In my oponion, Ha5000 is not so perfect for ad2000
(but it is beyond $1000...HA)
AD2000's midrange and bass is a bit thick.....
In some tube amp or corda amp, this "problem" is very obvious.....

Apr 12, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #38 of 40
After making up my mind a bit longer, I now ordered the Rudistor RP5.1.

I`m very excited and can`t wait it to come...!

Thanks to everybody who gave advice, here and via PM!

The RP5.1 and the AD2000 should be an excellent combination, strange enough that obviously nobody here tried it yet.

I had a very nice contact with Rudistor, and allthough I was rather interested in the almost double expensive RPX-33, they didn`t make the slighest effort to talk me into that.
They rather recommended the RP5.1: They have tried it with the AD2000.

Okay, we`ll see (hear), and again:
Many thanks!

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 8:59 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

After making up my mind a bit longer, I now ordered the Rudistor RP5.1.

That's good news! Let us know when it arrives, and how great it sounds with the AD2000.

Hmm, on second thought, don't tell me how great it sounds. I don't want to be even more tempted by that "Buy It Now" button. (just joking
tongue.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back