ATH-AD2000: Anyone recable?
Aug 2, 2008 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

strangelove

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone who has an Audio Technica AD2000 has had them recabled, what cable they used, and how much it improved the phones. I have an extra Cardas cable I was thinking of getting someone to terminate onto my AD2000 but didn't know if it's worth it.

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #3 of 7
APS and Enigma Audio have both recabled the AD2000 with their respective wires for their customers.

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 7
Anyone know if it makes a big difference? In one of the old threads I could find, someone made mention that the stock cable is actually of pretty good quality (even though it doesn't look like it) and recommended against re-cabling.

Aug 3, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering if anyone who has an Audio Technica AD2000 has had them recabled, what cable they used, and how much it improved the phones. I have an extra Cardas cable I was thinking of getting someone to terminate onto my AD2000 but didn't know if it's worth it.

If you can wait about a year for CanJam 2009 in LA, I'll most likely have mine in tow (re-cabled with APureSound V3) so you can compare.
wink.gif

I almost forgot I have my old stock cable too, I'll have to get around to cutting it open sometime for the cable guys here to look at and see how good it really is on the inside.

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can wait about a year for CanJam 2009 in LA, I'll most likely have mine in tow (re-cabled with APureSound V3) so you can compare.
wink.gif

I almost forgot I have my old stock cable too, I'll have to get around to cutting it open sometime for the cable guys here to look at and see how good it really is on the inside.

How big of a difference did the new cable make?

Aug 4, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How big of a difference did the new cable make?

I wrote about my V3 AD2000 here in the Headphones forum (I think I started a thread) as well as in the Meet Impressions forum, you can search for those posts.

I really can't say how much difference it makes since I never did a comparison with a stock unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back