ATH A900x Wing Support
Aug 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

iDJ Jesus

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have recently bought these new headphones and they just came in today. I have problems with the wing support, and they don't actually support anything. When I wear them, they just slide down my head to the point I can't listen to music. I bought these from Buydig.com as new, but I'm 90% sure someone has used it, from how destroyed the box was and how the cord is wrapped. The previous owner might have broken the wing support, or I just can't figure out how to use them. There seems to be no locking system to keep the wing support in place, could someone tell me how to lock it, or tell me what I need to take a picture of to see if its been tampered with and broken?

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 13
What you need to do is be able to hold the wings down towards the cups for long periods of time, like over night, this will change the "memory" of the springs that control the wings.

Aug 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:
I tried the suggestion for 15 hours, it didnt change at all, any other suggestions?

... send Buy Big a serious email and demand a full refund or a product exchange.

But I just sold my Ath a900x and the wing system works for me just fine. In fact I am wearing my Ath w1000x [with wing support] and it too is working flawlessly. I will say some people don't enjoy the wing system, I had to FIGHT with my w1000x for the longest time, but the Ath a900x fit me like a glove. You can also buy A1000 Pads for the Ath a900x, these will help it stick to your face a little more, and it will tighten the sound signiture down. But there have been people who just can't get the Wing System to work, I'd say shoot for a return! 

Aug 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #6 of 13
I've sent them 2 different messages and they haven't replied to either of them, so thats pretty much out of the question. How did you get your wing support to work? (you said you had to fight with it)

Aug 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
I've sent them 2 different messages and they haven't replied to either of them, so thats pretty much out of the question. How did you get your wing support to work? (you said you had to fight with it)

WELL on my Ath w1000x. I had to BEND the headband a good bit before it worked 100% of the time. also give them at least 2-3 days to respond. They are a buisness not your personal accountants.

But the Ath a900x required no bending! And PLEASE DO NOT bend that headband as it's cheap plastic NOT metal like on the w1000x. In addition Try choppin all your hair off :D that worked for me as well, after that when my hair grew back it was still easy to wear. Just need short hair to learn how to wear it.

I usually spin my ears around the back of the cups than place them on my head. they only fit one way for me honestly... 

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #8 of 13
i had tried talking to them while the cans were being sent, theyve had over two weeks to respond
and i just cut a haircut today (before you posted this) and they have not improved at all

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
i had tried talking to them while the cans were being sent, theyve had over two weeks to respond
and i just cut a haircut today (before you posted this) and they have not improved at all

That's no fun at all. Who did you buy them with, and are you old enough to have parents? You may need to get them to contact the better business bureau, I promise you if you drop that name and they DON'T respond in 24 hours they might be crooks.

Still if they are indeed faulty, post some pics for us to see. I just had a pair so I know what "working" ones look like Or honestly it could be they just don't fir your head, as that is common! 

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #11 of 13
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #12 of 13
I just got my A900x today, and the wing support works fine for me.
I hate to say this.. but I've talked to a few people... and they said this headphone is for people who have bigger heads...

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #13 of 13
  I just got my A900x today, and the wing support works fine for me.
I hate to say this.. but I've talked to a few people... and they said this headphone is for people who have bigger heads...

yes its for people with bigger heads just 2 rubberbands are enough to fix the wing for small head people. feels snug and comfy not tight at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back