AtH A900's Arrived
Mar 20, 2008 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

user1

New Head-Fier
A good buy. GREAT all around headphones for 200 budget. Was wondering what software i could use to encode and playback stuff in lossless. Is lossless the way to go, suggest something better/ link please.

I currently rip my Cd's with creative media source's "built in one" 320 kbs Mp3, stereo.

No amp yet, just want to try a few different things before i considering buying one.

Mar 20, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 6
I purchased the A700's a while back and dont regret it. They are great, and I assume the 900's are better. For lossless audio, FLAC is the way to go. Creative media source can play back FLAC, but not encode it. So if you want to go with FLAC, use EAC to rip/encode your audio into .flac and open it in creative media source.

Hydrogenaudio Forums is a great place for questions like that. But do some reading first.

Mar 20, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 6
ASIO

Foobar2000 to play back the files

EAC and a FLAC codec to rip to loseless. Or if you have an ipod etc may as well ALAC.

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by liamlw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ASIO

Foobar2000 to play back the files

EAC and a FLAC codec to rip to loseless. Or if you have an ipod etc may as well ALAC.

I second this. For whatever reason, Foobar just sounds better, even in the default settings (without ASIO4All or anything like that). At least it beats WMP9/10 and iTunes, I haven't really compared it to any others, its simple, and works the best for me though. You'll need a plugin to play Apple Lossless though, if you go that route.

Also, congrats on the A900s, they were, until my recent acquisition of some A900Ti's, my favorite headphones. I recommend at least looking into the blu-tak mod, which I think takes them to an even higher level of sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back