ATH-A900 owners...
Mar 13, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by blux
I still dont see how your saying its the plastic, take the actual pad off and look at it underneith...Mine are perfect. Its just the way the pad is stiched or whatever to the material...

I dont see what the big deal is. Its just the way the phones are!

Edit: I just really hope that your not sanding the part where the puffy part of the pads turn smooth......

I can stand the wavey pads just fine, it's the small plastic drip/bump thingy on the actual plastic rims/cup right by the blue aluminum cup. I hate myself to caring so much...

Mar 13, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #17 of 32
What small drip? I have a tiny bump too, its normal. Selling them is foolish since almost every A900 owner has mentioned the same cosmetic aspects--as to what causes it I don't know, but you'll most likely get the same thing.

Mar 13, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by oneeyedhobbit
What small drip? I have a tiny bump too, its normal. Selling them is foolish since almost every A900 owner has mentioned the same cosmetic aspects--as to what causes it I don't know, but you'll most likely get the same thing.

I was under the impression that only the wavey pads are normal and only very few got this small plastic drip. Like a small plastic dot sticking out where the blue arrow is pointing... I guess I'm more of a visual-phile than an audiophile...
redface.gif

atha900.jpg

Mar 13, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #19 of 32
Jesus... N/M... I found a even finer grain point sanding pen that smooth out the whole area then I applied some Mequiar's Gold Class wax and now it looks a lot matter... Talk about being rash and paranoid...
redface.gif

Mar 13, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by oneeyedhobbit
I have the small dot too, its not a big deal.

Yeah... I got it smooth out to my satisfaction... Think I was over reacting just a bit...
redface.gif

BTW how do you take off the earpads... I don't wanna like take it off incorrectly and really mess it up.

Mar 13, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #25 of 32
Well, it appears our beloved A900's have little cosmetic faults. I, too, just noticed them. I guess they're not as pretty anymore.
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #26 of 32
I have the same thing on my A900 too, those plastic bumps and dots, but mine more like a long dots (line) and no more.

Or I should phrase it this way, one 'line' and no other dots. But yeah the bumps.

-prince

Mar 13, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #27 of 32
Time to launch a class-action lawsuit.
biggrin.gif

I suppose all headphones do have some sort of cosmetic faults if you look close enough.

Mar 13, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #28 of 32
I owned 2 different pairs of A900s previously, and they both had similar bumps on the edge of the pad. It's just not a big deal.
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #29 of 32
I see what bump your talking about now...

LOL..

I think its so you know which side is which, left and right... you know? Kind of like a lot of phones have the bump by the 5..I think it might be for the visually impared....

Mar 13, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #30 of 32
I distinctly remember one bump on one side when I owned the A900s. headphone manufacturers do that so you can feel which is left and right when you pick them up.

my sennheiser HD600 has three bumps on the left side and none on the right side to differentiate left and right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back