ATH-a900 looks promising but...
Dec 24, 2005 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

koop

Head-Fier
the size is really discouraging me. ive seen several pics of them being worn but i just dont know. i dont wanna be able to see the headphone in my peripheral vision because thats gonna bug the hell outa me. for those that own them.. are you able to see the hphone out the corner of your eye.
also... just wanna make sure that the driver is angled and not flat. thanks.

Dec 24, 2005 at 10:15 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by koop
the size is really discouraging me. ive seen several pics of them being worn but i just dont know. i dont wanna be able to see the headphone in my peripheral vision because thats gonna bug the hell outa me. for those that own them.. are you able to see the hphone out the corner of your eye.
also... just wanna make sure that the driver is angled and not flat. thanks.

Yes, you can see the headphone out of the corner, but I can almost see all my cans a bit! The drivers are angled. Try not to let the slight vision of the cans discourage you, you will be sacrificing good sound qualty, over a minor discomfort!
biggrin.gif

Also, they are one of the most comfortable cans, I ever put on!

Dec 24, 2005 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 6
To tell you the truth I've never noticed it out of the corner of my eyes. As cheechoz has mentioned they are angled and so comfortable I don't notice them being there. Yes, they also sound awesome.

Dec 24, 2005 at 11:49 AM Post #4 of 6
Just tried, nope can't see them. I haven't got bug eyes however.

One thing thats recently impressed me is that its single cabled, so there is another lead going through the headband to the right earpad. However once its goes into the left earpad there is no evidence of another lead anywhere.

It obviously goes through one of the tubes but the junction where the 'wings' screw on and the fork(which seems too small) looks free. I only believe theres a cable going because sound comes out both sides!

Took some pictures:
A900-1.jpg

A900-2.jpg

Dec 24, 2005 at 12:05 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Just tried, nope can't see them. I haven't got bug eyes however.

One thing thats recently impressed me is that its single cabled, so there is another lead going through the headband to the right earpad. However once its goes into the left earpad there is no evidence of another lead anywhere.

It obviously goes through one of the tubes but the junction where the 'wings' screw on and the fork(which seems too small) looks free. I only believe theres a cable going because sound comes out both sides!

Took some pictures:
A900-1.jpg

A900-2.jpg

Must have been magic!
biggrin.gif
Anyway, nice bling bling on your wrist in the second picture...

And before I forget, do you guys take that transparent plastic off the LEFT and RIGHT indicators on the side of the headphones?

Dec 24, 2005 at 12:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by razer
And before I forget, do you guys take that transparent plastic off the LEFT and RIGHT indicators on the side of the headphones?

Oh yes, transformed them from looking cheap and tacky to giving them a solid metallic look. I originally was trying to take them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back