ATH A900 just received, a few questions for the experts
Aug 8, 2006 at 8:53 AM Post #16 of 21
The cable is now fine, it really is impressive the way it 'relaxed' and stopped twitching all of a sudden...But the bass, even after 7 days of 24/7 burn in, is still not quite up where I wanted it to be. Great overall sound though, easily the most detailed headphone I've listened to, and the sound stage is gorgeous. Still hoping to get more bass...

Aug 8, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #18 of 21
I got my A900's about 6 weeks ago, primarily for gaming but I now listen to so much more music, keep digging out my old CD's as I can now hear things on my favourite albums that I'd never heard before.

I mainly play Call of Duty2 with my SB X-Fi Fatal1ty card using the CMSS3d sound in "entertainment" mode - sounds MUCH better than gaming mode.

The difference when playing the game is incredible, I've come from using Zalman 5.1 surround headphones which I *thought* gave me good positional sound to detect where the enemy/gunshots are coming from but these A900's with the help of the X-Fi CMSS3D sound is simply amazing, I can hear things in the game that my other clanmates cannot hear at all, what a difference!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen
Be confident. As a
basshead.gif
DT770 owner I must say that a A900 comes very close to the nutty DT770 bass in respect of quantity - and I found the quality even better. The A900 I tried for A/B comparison was ~3 month old.

Very curious about the A900s as I've read this previously. Love the DT770 bass but wish the midrange was more pronounced. Hoping to hear A900s and Darth Beyers at a meet or something soon so I can find out what my next upgrade might be.

Interesting that the poster isn't happy with the bass--that would scratch A900s off my list and get me sending my DT770/80s off to Larry at Headphile.

Aug 9, 2006 at 10:56 AM Post #20 of 21
The A900 midrange is only slightly better than DT770 midrange - still far away from sweet AKG mids. But its "overall" sound signature is much better IMO, as it succeeds in joining together both DT880 and DT770 spirit.

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:04 PM Post #21 of 21
my A900 are pretty new and I hope the bass will get better, tight now its justnot enough for listening to techno or other "bassy" music, but Rock,Pop, RnB, Blues, Country are pretty fine with this can. I guess it will give you best sound for the buck in the range under 200$
(have to say that I haven´t heard that much different cans)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back