ATH-A900 for Trance/games?
Dec 30, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkmasta
yikes! This is news to me. It almost makes me want to buy a dedicated headphone amp, because I'm just hearing so much about how the DT770's are great for trance. Also, what is the difference between the 80 and 250 ohm versions besides their amplification requirement?

A900 are 40 ohm they work the best without an amp. With an amp for gaming I take DT770. For trance I take A900 all the time.

Jan 4, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Got my ATH-A900's! Amazing sound quality. I can tell they need a little burning in... what exactly do you mean that the bass is loose at first?

I wouldn't worry about the bass "being a little loose" if you don't hear it as being loose.

How can you "tell they need a little burning in?" Out of curiosity.

Jan 4, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
I wouldn't worry about the bass "being a little loose" if you don't hear it as being loose.

How can you "tell they need a little burning in?" Out of curiosity.

It might actually have been a bad MP3, but I just had noticed the sound being slightly off and distorted -- that could also be a result of extreme volume. They seem to be fine right now though.

Jan 4, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

It might actually have been a bad MP3, but I just had noticed the sound being slightly off and distorted -- that could also be a result of extreme volume. They seem to be fine right now though.

Well, for what it's worth, I doubt even the most adamant burn-in supporters around here would attribute noticably distorted sound at high volumes to a need for burn-in
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
Well, for what it's worth, I doubt even the most adamant burn-in supporters around here would attribute noticably distorted sound at high volumes to a need for burn-in
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I think so too... as I'm listening more, I don't think it's a matter of burn-in at all.. not that I would know. My last headphones were the MDR-V700DJ's, so this is HUGE upgrade!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back