Ath-A700
Feb 11, 2012 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Patriot

New Head-Fier
another ath-a700 thread?

I apologize in advance Hi Fi for beating a dead horse

Quick summarization of mine being drawn deeply into this great forums starts like this;
my Brainwavz M2s wiring failed in one earbud. (loved em) Replaced them with OCX 880 Sennheisers while waiting for Mp4Nation replace the M2s.
I payed 30-something for them thanks to Slickdeals, but am not liking them at all. They have very shrill highs that fatigue my ears in a hurry.

I listen to underground hip hop (Rhymesayers/Def Jux) and psychadelic rock. I'm NOT infatuated with bass. I appreciate phones that will draw out the vocals clearly rather than losing them behind overpowered lows. All of my listening right now is through a Sansa Zip w/ 32g micro.

Is the ath-a700 my best bet for the under 200 price range? Hifi 780s.and dt 770s were considered but as Im going to my first duty station in a montha time, I wont be bringing my speakers with me, so I need an all around replacement. I read this won't need an amp. With such a small player though Id like one that can give th em alittle more oomph. (bose ae2 just don't reach desired volume) Scatterbrained generic "help me" post done. All input welcome

Ben

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 3
I had an ATH-A700 as my first "nice" headphone. I loved it. My friend currently has a pair and he likes his. He mostly listens to Sarah Brightman, classical, and also a small variety of heavy metal bands. They are versatile, comfortable and decent headphones. I can't really imagine anyone hating them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back