ATH-A500X vs. PC 350 (or any other) for PC FPS online gaming
Nov 26, 2013 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NoOneLt

100+ Head-Fier
Hello community!

First of all i want to say i am new here, but have read both Mad Lust and Nameless guides (though tried to search threads and it confused me, as i could not find comments with models i mentioned, maybe i just using it wrong, and reading through all comments is impossible :) ).

But the problem is most of headphones in these threads either cost too much for me either opened style. And as i most play in the evening with gf watching tv or listening to music, i don't want her to hear my gaming and chat and don't want to hear tv or music on the other side :)

About price - ATH-A500X costs 195 EUR in my country (and i can go and listen to them live in the store), PC also something like this (but i only can order it online, no live test).

What do i have now is Roccat Kave solid True 5.1 headset and Corsair Vengeance 1400 stereo headset (yeap, i am a marketing victim :)) connected to PC Crative X-FI Titanium sound card ) But i was happy witch my Roccat till it cracked (something like this but not that hard and i used seal on them so they are alive for some time :)) ) They really gave me position ques in BF3 (worse in BF 4 but i believe it is game problems not headphones).

After Roccat cracked i quick ordered Vengeance 1400, read reviews and it seem to be fine but in life.. i think they are horrible, though i am really not an expert, but what i heard.. They are in RMA now because fabric that covers inside "side" of headphones vibrates and makes horrible distortion sound when low frequencies comes in. If they will fix it or something i think i just sell it.

My preferences is 85% games - 15% - music (maybe it would me more with descent headphones but for music/movies i use my amp mostly).

So need Your advice what to choose, or maybe any other advice.. I just have listened to too little headphones to compare them so i can say that i am complete noob at this, and now just want to try to touch entry level hi-fi and see what happens :D My pros and cons on these models:

ATH-A500X pros - great sound, wider sound stage than M50 witch is reviewed here, so should fit better for games (will be used with Cratives CMSS 3D technology to create virtual surround)
Cons. - no mic, and i really need it, can't afford Modmic from USA and it is not sold here, so need to think either table mic either some custom mod.
PC 350 SE - well, suited for gaming. But what about sound quality?

So this is it, thanks in advance.. Will post in mentioned threads also.

UPD: Sound Card not Titanium HD, simple Titanium :)

UPD2: Well first thread was "PC 350 SE vs. ATH-A500X for PC FPS online gaming" but i just got info that there no SE in my country :frowning2:

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #2 of 8
Hey, no one want's to advice or my question is wrong in some way? 
frown.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 8
Can you specify an actual budget?

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 8
Hey, budget it is about 270$, but in my country ATH-A500X as example costs 270$ and PC350 225$. And lot's of unaviable or overpriced products here :frowning2:

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #7 of 8
  Came up with ordering ATH-A900X from ebay.

Enjoy.
I just swapped the ear pads on my A900X for Hifiman Velours, I like the fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back