ATC speakers. any experiences?
Nov 12, 2003 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by eyeteeth
Actually your comments are remarkably similar to those of Larry Cox of 'Positive Feedback Online', also an ATC owner (SCM 20). He once equated an undue importance on 'imaging' to having a "foot fetish". I recall him once asking "you don`t get great imaging with live music do you?" or something like that.

That'cool. At least someone with a good taste or someone who *gets it* in the US!.
biggrin.gif

embrace

Once I remember reading a review of SCM20 in the TAS and this was the extent of ATC reviews in the US that I am aware of.

Nov 13, 2003 at 4:15 PM Post #17 of 22
I dunno- regardless of how live performances images or doesn't image, it's not the same as listening to your stereo and I don't compare the two. Why not just listen with one speaker then- in mono. It would be much cheaper! Also, I read so much about PRaT these days- to me that's much more overrated than imaging. I can get PRaT from a clock radio!

Oh well, just call me sissy boy because I like these sissy sounding speakers these days! And I guess if I drive those sissy speakers with tubes, sheesh! I guess that makes me "Girly Man"
eek.gif

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #20 of 22
I have ATC SCM11s powered by ATC SIA2-150.
Great for larger room listening and the speakers do need that extra power.

For nearfield listening/mixing I use PMC TB1s and an ancient NAD C370.

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #21 of 22
 I know this is an ancient thread but my experience with the atcs was in a store. The store was a large loft comprised by a good portion of the top floor of a downtown building. The speaker was an active atc. This was quite a few years ago but the speaker that was playing was the active atc-100. The salesperson was playing a recording of count  basie and I kid you not it sounded like the band was literally in the room .
   The dynamics of the atc 100 were amazing. There was no compression whatsoever. Of course the new atc 100s are not cheap. Positive feedbacks mini review of these monsters listed the price at 27,000 usd . Ouch I could never afford them let alone fit them in my tiny apartment .
   But they were an eye opening listen to say the least . I just wonder what the active atc 150 sounds like ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back