AT&T buying T-Mobile USA
Aug 21, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #31 of 61

Quote:
Yeah that's from March.  The current forces are beginning to lineup against having this go through and it's getting tougher each week that passes.  Fingers crossed.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/08/attt-mobile-is-the-merger-in-peril.ars

Man that would be sweet if they struck it down.  I'd love to see a victory like that for consumers.  Not likely though.  This line kind of says it all:  "one of the Commissioners who approved the deal went to work for the cable company shortly thereafter."  Ha

Aug 21, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #32 of 61
I've been a T-Mobile customer for years. The other day my sister-in-law mentioned she was thinking of switching from Verizon to T-Mobile. I told her it may not be a good idea because of the AT&T buyout and that there is a good chance I'm going to switch carriers when my contract is up next year. If the deal doesn't go through I will reconsider but the fact is that T-Mobile will still want to unload their U.S. division so who knows who'll end up as the owner.

Aug 23, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #34 of 61
I completely agree that the lack of anything more than whining is not helping us, but the rioting isn't really the way to go. We could benefit from some pissy protesting, but riots just cause some quick chaos and make everybody crazy.

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #35 of 61
I hate to say it but in this economy, the merger is inevitable.  Big mergers like these are pretty much transparent to the consumer.  Often times when jumping ships, you end up finding yourself in the exact same boat. 

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #40 of 61

Quote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44341803/ns/business-us_business/

That certainly makes things more interesting. Wonder what Deutsche Telekom is going to do with T-Mobile if the deal doesn't go through.

Just read that this morning.  A $3 Billion dollar infusion won't hurt.  I remember when Dish Network was going to buy DirecTV and the Cable industry blocked it.  DirecTV made out like a bandit from that failed merger.  Now it's a totally different animal.  Personally I think they should take the money and improve the company and their situation.  T-Mobile has better service at a better price point where I am.  If your business is suffering and it's not the products fault you should look elsewhere for answers.  I have no idea if Deutsche Telekom wants to try that though or give Sprint a bite at the Apple.  Sprint will buy anything despite how illogical it may seem.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #43 of 61
Go 7 States! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back