At last, my amp has been fixed!
Mar 25, 2007 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kuma

Headphoneus Supremus
It's been almost 2 years since it's arrived in the US from Australia.
Unfortunately, the amp was faulty ( I don't know the technical term, but it was basically clipping at a certain frequency ) but I didn't want to send the amp back again to Australia and it basically sat in my house for all this time.
Finaly later last year, Bill and Ralph at Atmasphere Music Systems have kindly offered to take a look at the amp and they were able to fix it.

It's too bad I can't use my vinyl source since a cable run will be too long to reach the Krell, but this is a simple headphone rig that is enjoyable. The amp has no volume control. It's fed directly from Krell's XLR variable outputs directly. For records, I use the Naim Headline.

Well, here it is in full glory. I am glad it's working well and it doesn't sound that bad either!
kumaamp1.jpg

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm no good for the technical matters, but this amp was supplied with a set of GE 6BX7-GTs, Super Radiotron 6 x4s and GEC A2900s.

IIRC, this is a push-pull amplifier and originally capable ( at least on paper ) of delivering 5 watts or so.
For the fix, the driver stage had to be modified so I believe it outputs around 1 watt.
I still prefer a Super-Capped Naim Headline, but it was a nice *save* by Ralph + co. since the amp doesn't have to go in to the trash pile!

Mar 25, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #4 of 5
Those look like w5000s in the background ;p How do they match with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back