At last a free playback alternative to Foobar
Jul 8, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by FasterThanEver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
> I also like the advance toolbar plugin for foobar which gives song
> notifications on the taskbar, and info on a simple mouse over.
l

Pretty pop-up:
pp.jpg

Every time a song starts or is unpaused, this comes up. As is foobar's want, you can make it look exactly how you want.

Jul 8, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #17 of 21
Although I like Foobar and its sound quality I find the ASIO drops out frequently when using Vista with my RME 9632 soundcard, this doesn't seem to happen with the JRiver Jukebox software when using ASIO, both however sound excellent using my RME or EMU 0404usb soundcards.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I like Foobar and its sound quality I find the ASIO drops out frequently when using Vista with my RME 9632 soundcard, this doesn't seem to happen with the JRiver Jukebox software when using ASIO, both however sound excellent using my RME or EMU 0404usb soundcards.

You could try WASAPI for Foobar plugin in Vista. That's also bit perfect. http://www.foobar2000.org/components/foo_out_wasapi.zip

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could try WASAPI for Foobar plugin in Vista. That's also bit perfect. http://www.foobar2000.org/components/foo_out_wasapi.zip

Try Kernel Streaming too, virtually the same as ASIO.

Just download the latest plug-off. Install it in 'components' and there should be a KS output in foobar...no setting a virtual device.

fart4.jpg

...probably have to set the default audio out in Vista?

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #21 of 21
just gave this a go because foobar is just not very fun for browsing through music and creating playlists. anyways, this feels just like itunes and works great. nice find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back