At Home Audio
Nov 26, 2011 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

HeadTrauma

New Head-Fier
Hey I have been looking around and 3 headphones seem to catch my eye. The Soul SL 150 , Sennheiser HD 598, and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. Which one of these pairs is the best in durability, comfort, and audio? I am looking for a pair that i can listen to from my macbook in the comfort of my home. Which is the best for this considering the price as well? Also if i ever decided to mix songs again which would be the best for a balance of mixing and home audio?

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
Hey I have been looking around and 3 headphones seem to catch my eye. The Soul SL 150 , Sennheiser HD 598, and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. Which one of these pairs is the best in durability, comfort, and audio? I am looking for a pair that i can listen to from my macbook in the comfort of my home. Which is the best for this considering the price as well? Also if i ever decided to mix songs again which would be the best for a balance of mixing and home audio?

HD598 ~ the others tend to lean towards a bass heavy signature, of the three it's the one that will sound the most balanced
in that it will not favor any part of the spectrum eg, not too bassy, not too piercing in the highs.

Easily driven, comfort is very good, durability is excellent via the removal cable, no real weak points here.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 9
I don't know the first.

Confort and audio, without hesitation : HD598.
Durability : DT770pro

For mixing, its better to have a closed headphone, but DT770pro isn't a balanced headphone.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 9
No one can shut "Stupid" up.
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 9
thank you gwarmi one more question..i just found sennheiser HD 558 headphones for a great price. is they're a drastic difference between the 558 and 598? i also like the 558 color scheme better.

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #8 of 9
HD598 has a more refined sound, more detailed, slightly less bass. Its a better headphone, but there is not huge differences. HD598 is also a little more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back