AT ad700 - how do they stack up.
Jun 21, 2008 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

limathy

100+ Head-Fier
i tested out the ad700's at headphonic the otherday compared to a ms1.
and i was fairly impressed - but i dont have any full size cans.

so the question is, how does the a700 stack up sound and price/value wise with the other alternatives out there?

i much prefer the soundstage to the ms1 which is more upfront.
and is the a900 morth the extra? considering it will be ipod/computer without an amp.

Jun 21, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 4
i originally bouht the ad700 for similar use but also had the ha 20 amp from at. my friend bought the ad900 for about 80$ more. i sold my ad700 and he kep his.

the sound was not too different but the construction on the ad900 was so much better. probably it weighed about 1/3 less, meaning that it would not slide off your head at every movement nor would it be subject to dripping down the face or weighing down the head.

ad700 don't sound bad at all, but ad900 with little gains in sound, really are much better. light, better looking, better resell value as they are more respected and looks are so much better.

i would take any beyer over either one any day but ad900 are much better than 700 in my honourable opinion.

Jun 22, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 4
Are you talking about A700 or AD700?

They're both pretty good though but other than soundstage, IMO not better than the MS1.

I think their price (amazon) is spot on. For more money, there are better alternatives.

Jun 22, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 4
if budget is stretched a bit more what else should i look at?
i just really liked the comfort and soundstage of the AT's in my brief testing of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back