AT-706 and Signet TK44 questions
Mar 17, 2008 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

scompton

Headphoneus Supremus
I came into work today and these were sitting on my desk. I've got a couple of questions if anyone knows anything about these
  • The TK44 didn't come with any instructions. Does anyone know the correct setup of the 4 wires? They're red, black, white and blue.
  • Even though the TK44 has a TRS jack, I assume I'll destroy any headphones I plug into it other than the electrets
  • Since the AT-706 has a TRS plug, does anyone know if they can be played out of anything other than the TK44? I assume no, because I got no sound out of my XM4.

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 8
i really thought that someone who has first-hand experience with this kit would respond.

iirc the AT-706 has transformers in the earcups, right? That would mean that the TK44 box is relatively light-weight. If that's the case, my guess is that the 'phones can be plugged into any TRS jack and just need an above-average jack to sound at all good. Also that the TK44 is probably safe for most headphones granted that you are very careful with the volume knob.

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 8
The transformers are in the TK44. It weighs at least a pound, if not more and the headphones are very light and small. I guess not too many people have first hand experience with these. The only posts I saw mentioning them were a bit old. Maybe I can post pics later.

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 8
That's kind of what I figured. I wasn't planning on it unless someone has first hand experience with it, or I had some bad headphones I don't care about destroying.

Jun 15, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #8 of 8
white = left channel positive
blue = left channel negative
red = right channel positive
black = right channel negative

The ear phones should have a DIN type connector to interface with the transformer. I have never seen these with TRS plugs as originally equipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back