Asymetrical cable
Oct 17, 2007 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tom Brown

Head-Fier
Does anyone like asymetric cables? I hate them.

I would not be on this site and I would not have just ordered a pair of q-JAYs if my cx-300 IEMs had a regular Y cable. Having a constant tug on my left ear each time I turn my head and the whole time I'm working out is a deal breaker for me and the Sennheiser cx-300. It's too bad because I have really enjoyed the SQ from the affordable Senns.

Why doesn't Sennheiser put out an upgraded version of their IEMs with equal length wire?

What is the reason for the unequal length wires, anyway? ...... other than so they can make the wire equal length at some point and have their sales go through the roof.
icon10.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 7
I used to use some asymmetric cabled headphones for running with so the cabling didn't bounce around and hit me in the face. I then got so irritated with all the weight pulling on my left ear I switched to some y cable phones.

Now I just run the y cable under my shirt and it solves the problem.

Nicholas

Oct 17, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 7
That tug on the left ear really does bother me so yeah I'm a Y-cable guy.

Oct 18, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #6 of 7
I don't know what the guy who came up asymetrical cables got for that design but if you ask me, he should have got life.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, if Sennheiser ever offers their cx series with equal length leads, I might pick up another set. In the mean time, I'm going to use my Shure e3c until my q-jays arrive.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 7
I think the J design come about when some company told his people, "we can't afford to design a better phone, too expensive, but our next year product gotta be different... think! people think!"

Then a Redskin (the team) salesman said, hey I got it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back