Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #361 of 734
1. There is no mod. I have both. First the standard U7 works with the echelon software.but when it is fully recognized after some time you need to reinstall the software to try it again, so forget it.
2. You might want to try the U1 with your laptop. You will be surprised how good it sounds. And it has the complete Dolby Headphone functionality On board.

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #363 of 734
I
Would you recommend this sound card for krk rp5??? or its better some DAC?? My budget is 200u$s.

If you mean the active speakers, sure why not.

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #365 of 734
Yes, but the chinch type of connector.

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #366 of 734
hi i have a stupid question cuz ive been banging my head all around the internet over a week now to get some new cans <i already have hd 215s which are pretty nice> i wanted a sound upgrade so im planing to purchase a gaming headset which is 7.1<vengeance 1500s which will be a technological bump aswell as they are usb instead of a 3.5 jack>  which will help me over games <not that much> movies and music. And now im getting confused that shall i go for the new headphone and let go of my hd 215s or keep my hd 215s and get an xonar u7? will there be a significant change in the audio? my current laptop is asus k55vm-sx086d

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #368 of 734
Thanks! So I'd need this sort of cable?:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002J2B7E/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Xpgvub1780P5F

Edit: I'm guessing not...would someone link me to the cable or adapter I'd need to spdif with the u3, please?

The SPDIF is chinch coaxial, not optical. Don't use it, so I don't know whichever cable you need, sorry.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #369 of 734
hi i have a stupid question cuz ive been banging my head all around the internet over a week now to get some new cans i wanted a sound upgrade so im planing to purchase a gaming headset which is 7.1  which will help me over games movies and music. And now im getting confused that shall i go for the new headphone and let go of my hd 215s or keep my hd 215s and get an xonar u7? will there be a significant change in the audio? my current laptop is asus k55vm-sx086d

7.1 headphones have lots of small drivers. All from a arguable quality. You'd better stick with stereo headphones and use a proper surround simulation from either Asus or Creative. The overall sound quality is much better. The ultimate can for gaming is the AKG K701/702/Q701 and their successors combined with Asus Xonar sporting Dolby Headphone or the Creative SBX PRO STUDIO solution.
You also might want to check this, if you haven't already:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-10-15-2014-beyerdynamic-t51i-added
and this:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/593050/the-nameless-guide-to-pc-gaming-audio-with-binaural-headphone-surround-sound

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #371 of 734
  hi i have a stupid question cuz ive been banging my head all around the internet over a week now to get some new cans <i already have hd 215s which are pretty nice> i wanted a sound upgrade so im planing to purchase a gaming headset which is 7.1<vengeance 1500s which will be a technological bump aswell as they are usb instead of a 3.5 jack>  which will help me over games <not that much> movies and music. And now im getting confused that shall i go for the new headphone and let go of my hd 215s or keep my hd 215s and get an xonar u7? will there be a significant change in the audio? my current laptop is asus k55vm-sx086d

one more question that is dolby headphones what are they are they having dolby codecs inside em or they the normal cans which support dolby in an awesome way?

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #372 of 734
Hi guys,

I am going to buy a pair of headsets (probably takstar HI2050/Pro80 or something like that) and I am as well considering to buy a Xonar U7 since I am going to use the headphones mostly with the computer and i just have the ****ty onboard card from my GA-H97M-3DH. Considering this, which advantages have the U7 comparing to some dedicated DAC/AMP such us TCG-USkin or something like that?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #373 of 734
  Hi guys,

I am going to buy a pair of headsets (probably takstar HI2050/Pro80 or something like that) and I am as well considering to buy a Xonar U7 since I am going to use the headphones mostly with the computer and i just have the ****ty onboard card from my GA-H97M-3DH. Considering this, which advantages have the U7 comparing to some dedicated DAC/AMP such us TCG-USkin or something like that?

Thanks in advance!

the cans are nice but xonar u7 id suggest go with Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD its cheaper aswell as better sounding of the both tho ergonomically dosent makes any huge difference just cuz of the placement of volume knob is a bit convenient. and if u can test it at any of the stores that would be an awesome thing. 
and take a look at this video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJtJpD2beKA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back