Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #336 of 734
Nope,no problems on my end. some noise when I go full volume (way past comfortable levels) I emailed Schiit about amping an amp and they said there were no problems. I've noticed a lot of guessing in the audio world, and after doing a "no-no" like camping an amp , it was ******** and I'm in bliss

Sep 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #337 of 734
Are there any proper alternatives to this DAC/AMP ? ... I need something external for me puter that has headphone out + mic in ... using an mITX board and have absolutely no room for anything sound wise there...

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #338 of 734
Are there any proper alternatives to this DAC/AMP ? ... I need something external for me puter that has headphone out + mic in ... using an mITX board and have absolutely no room for anything sound wise there...

Creative just released an endgame external Jack of all Trades sound device:
http://www.soundblaster.com/x7/
That or a combo of the Xonar X1 and a Schiit Magni/Modi stack

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #340 of 734
That thing is probably bigger than your pc...lol

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #342 of 734
Hey guys,
So my Xonar u7 echelon finally arrived. However there is some problems and I think I may have just received a faulty device. When I plug in my apple earphones, music sounds very muddy and distorted and I need to crank up the volume all the way to be hear anything.

Sounds like a faulty device right?

Sep 23, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #344 of 734
The device is absolute ok. It cannot work correctly eith the apple plug, thats it. It needs a stereo plug. The additional contacts for the mike and the commands do not fit with the U7 headphone out. Apple earbuds are a waste on such a good device anyways. Go get yourself at least some Sennheiser in ears.

Sep 23, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #345 of 734
The device is absolute ok. It cannot work correctly eith the apple plug, thats it. It needs a stereo plug. The additional contacts for the mike and the commands do not fit with the U7 headphone out. Apple earbuds are a waste on such a good device anyways. Go get yourself at least some Sennheiser in ears.

I already have some Sennheisers, I'll try them later today. I just used the apple earbuds to test basic functionality. I guess I wasn't expecting the apple eat buds to sound worse than the on board sound, though I knew it wasn't going to blow me away until I tried the sennheisers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back