Asus Xonar U7 5.1 issues...
Dec 12, 2013 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Morfor

New Head-Fier
Hey! Not sure if this goes here!

I'm having some issues with my Asus Xonar U7. I can't get 5.1 to work properly, I have 5.1 creative speakers setup (no idea which).
And I can't get 5.1 to work properly, if I set it to 5.1 in my xonar settings, I don't get any sound from my front L/R speakers. But if I set it to 7.1 I get sound from the front L/R speakers, but they show up as the side speakers. This makes all music and games sound really weird...  I was hoping someone could help me with this, if I've plugged my cables wrong or something...I have NO idea what to do really...

If you don't understand, please ask :D cuz I write like ****...

Thanks a bunch :)

EDIT: The problem might be that my subwoofer has three cables coming out from it, ctr/sub, front and rear. And at the back of the xonar where you plug them in, it says ctr, front and side, 3.5 jacks.  And next to those on the Xonar, there are 2 RCA jacks, for front.  But when I connect my front speakers directly to the Xonar, I get no sound from the speakers....

EDIT2: Ok, I'm REALLY getting ahead of myself here posting too fast.  I connected the two front speakers to the RCA outputs now, and ctrsub+rear to the 3.5 outputs.  I'm getting sound from the front speakers, but it's REALLY low. And it doesn't help at all if I turn the volume of the speaker all the way up 

Aug 3, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello,

Did you find a solution? I am having the exact same problem with Xonar U7 and Creative  5.1.

Thanks.

Edit 1: solved it, you need this cable: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5612&seq=1&format=2 from the green cable to your RCA's on the back of the xonar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back