Asus Xonar U3 USB Navigation Sounds on Windows 'clipping' query...
Mar 24, 2013 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

boredandlazy

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I recently got myself a Asus Xonar U3 as an upgrade to the horrible onboard audio for my laptop running Windows 7 g4bit, and a small annoyance I noticed was that when navigating through windows it has a tendecy to 'clip' or 'truncate' the clicking noises that windows plays as you're navigating through windows explorer. It's like the card is taking a split second to process the sound and therefore cutting off the start of the noise.
If I just plug the card in without installing drivers it does not have this issue, but then of course you lose 90% of the functionality.
It's not a gamebreaker or anything but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that and managed to find a way around it?

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 4
I have experienced the same issue with my Fiio E9. The issue didn't last long as I usually disable the Windows event sounds. As far as I could tell, I had no issues whatsoever with music playback or movies, and at a guess I'd say it probably has something to do with the USB audio drivers and the WAV format.

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the response. For movies and music I don't anticipate too many issues since it's a constant noise but I'm worried about playing games with a lot of quiet patches where this would become an issue. I was looking at other USB DACS and after investigating the Fiio E10 it apparently has a similar issue(Like your E9). I also investigated the E17 which apparently doesn't seem to suffer from this, but it's only a stereo device. Either way can anyone who uses the E17 on their PC confirm as to whether any sounds get cut off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back